Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rookie QB impresses at Titans Camp...

Rookie QB impresses at Titans Camp...

Rookie QB impresses Britt | Titans Insider

Rookie QB impresses Britt
JOHN GLENNON, The Tennessean

Posted on May 19, 2010
in Team News
. 0 Comments

As he works himself back into condition, Kenny Britt has been working with some of the receivers on the lower end of the depth chart. As a result, Britt has been on the receiving end of a lot of passes from rookie quarterback Rusty Smith.

Britt likes what he sees so far out of the 6-foot-5, 230-pounder out of Florida Atlantic.

"Just to see him out there and running the offense, showing what he can do … I never saw him college, but seeing him out here performing and competing for a spot after only two days with the veterans, that’s a good thing,'' Britt said.

Britt says Smith, a sixth-round pick last month, is showing more patience as a rookie than Britt did at this stage a year ago.

"A lot of it is just doing what the coaches ask of him — don’t go out there and try to do too much,’’ Britt said. "That’s what I was worried about my rookie year, going out there and trying to make some big play happen and then messing up in the long run. His focus is good. The big plays will come.’’

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Rookie QB impresses at Titans Camp...

Back to the top

I think this is Willie Rose right behind Rusty but Im not sure.

Back to the top

Nice!
Back to the top

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Titans-OTA-Highlights/310dad2d-96c7-4cd3-9d09-b522081fca54

Video of practice.

Rusty is breifly in it at the 1:45 mark or so. Just doing a handoff.

Back to the top

Titans' mini camp update:

Titans back on field Tuesday | Titans Insider

"The Titans will return to the practice field this morning at Baptist Sports Park, kicking off the last week of their May minicamps. Today's session is open to media; Thursday's session is not. After this week, the Titans won't practice again until June 14."
Back to the top
Control functions: