Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Tosses Name in Hat for Oil Spill Talks

Add topic

This was released yesterday…

Pretty impressive list off FAU "experts" available to discuss the issue…not sure how this compares to other institutions though.

============================================================
===============================

BOCA RATON, FL (May 19, 2010) – With the latest news on the oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Atlantic University faculty members are available to discuss the state of the Gulf and the effects of the oil spill in regards to biology, ecology, its marine organisms, as well as in the areas of the geosciences, and civil, environmental and geomatics engineering:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

List
Back to the top

Re: FAU Tosses Name in Hat for Oil Spill Talks

Just got off the phone the other day with an alumni Ocean Engineer working in the Oil Industry in Texas. He said you'd be an idiot to tie your name into anything that is going on with this disaster. BP does not have there ducks in a row. I would heed caution with thowing credentials into this black hole.
Back to the top

Boozie, I your buddy is probably right.  BP is too busy playing the blame game, and they are a disaster at every level.  I really can't belive that they are still in charge of this mess.

But, as bad as it is, we do have some very talented staff at FAU, and you might as well get them talking to media and get some recognition.  I really enjoyed Dr. Koch-Rose's class (Marine Botany), and she knows her stuff.  I also had Dr. Wyneken (Probably spelled wrong).  She was one of those professors that I hated when I had the class because it was rediculously difficult, but once I got past it I realized that I learned a lot. "Comparitive vertebrate morhpogenesis and morphology" if anyone's feelin frisky. ;D  If you search for any info on sea turtles, hers and Dr. Salmon's names consistently come up.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

FAU Tosses Name in Hat for Oil Spill Talks

Thats fine in all, just wondering under what context is the University Faculty answering questions on and providing expert opinion and facts to the Media. That could be a real insert foot into mouth situation if something did go wrong. If the University is working with the State of Florida and they get the blanket of the government over them, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem. 
Back to the top
Control functions: