Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Season Tickets question...

At the risk of being vilified I am going to put this out there to see the response.

I have been a season ticket holder since the first game.  I have been to virtually every home game, the Hawaii game, the UCF game, the USF game, New Orleans Bowl, and almost all away FIU games.  I am also a contributor to the OWL Fund.  I believe I have supported this team as much as I possibly could.

I have received a couple of calls regarding my OWL fund contribution and my season ticket renewal.  I have decided that I am going to wait until the decision in June regarding the stadium. If the stadium is delayed again I don't believe I am going to renew my tickets or my OWL Fund again this year.  I will still go to the home games but I believe this has gone on long enough.  I don't want to take my frustration out on he guys on the field, I think the success of the teams of the years has been well beyond my expectations considering what we started with  but at some point enough is enough.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Season Tickets question...

What's the question?
Back to the top

You won't be vilified here…….

You have been a board member for many, many yearsYou are entitled to your opinion!

Sure you are not the only one with this position, but believe you will be sitting in your seat in 2011, on the Boca Raton Campus.

If I am wrong, you can drive by my house at 2:00 am and throw rocks at my bedroom window ;)
Back to the top

Dusky I agree with Rick you've been a member and a regular contributor on the board for a long time. I've had trhe pleasure of meeting you at a home game along with Fledge (Ched).

It would be a shame if you didn't renew but I can't really say I blame you.

Hopefully for Ricks sake you won't be tossing rocks at his house at 2am lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Compromise?

Id say order your tickets especially if your still gonna go to games,

BUT….

do not do your Owl Fund membership.

Either way make SURE to tell them why you are doing it. If you dont they will simply chalk it up to no interest or something like that.

No villification from me.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

If it's about whether you are a bad fan, then I don't think so.  You don't have to prove anything.

My opinion on renewals, etc., is: Is the overall product up to your standards?  Everyone has different standards.  Mine is based on entertainment value.  I don't care if we are going to have the greatest stadium in the world if the overall product is inferior on the field.  Some may not care as much about the product on the field as long as they have fun.

You didn't come on here with an attitude of: I'm going to show them.  Your background and your posts give you credibility.  You make the decision based on what makes sense for you.

Hopefully in June it's done, and it's all moot for you.
Back to the top

If your season tickets are in the priority seats and FAU tells you that you must donate to the Owl Club, you actually do not have to. I have had my seats for 5 seasons and I have only donated once. And when I did donate, FAU has kept no records of my donation. So...that should cut your costs in half. Dont make the Owl Club donation.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

If your season tickets are in the priority seats and FAU tells you that you must donate to the Owl Club, you actually do not have to. I have had my seats for 5 seasons and I have only donated once. And when I did donate, FAU has kept no records of my donation. So…that should cut your costs in half. Dont make the Owl Club donation.

Send out the dogs we found the freeloader!!! Make Sure to charge him double!!!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

At the risk of being vilified I am going to put this out there to see the response.

I have been a season ticket holder since the first game.  I have been to virtually every home game, the Hawaii game, the UCF game, the USF game, New Orleans Bowl, and almost all away FIU games.  I am also a contributor to the OWL Fund.  I believe I have supported this team as much as I possibly could.

I have received a couple of calls regarding my OWL fund contribution and my season ticket renewal.  I have decided that I am going to wait until the decision in June regarding the stadium. If the stadium is delayed again I don't believe I am going to renew my tickets or my OWL Fund again this year.  I will still go to the home games but I believe this has gone on long enough.  I don't want to take my frustration out on he guys on the field, I think the success of the teams of the years has been well beyond my expectations considering what we started with  but at some point enough is enough.

According to Teds Blog its been delayed again. You may have to put your plan in action. Sometimes the only thing administrations see is an impact by voting with your wallet.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Season Tickets question...

BocaCoop said

If your season tickets are in the priority seats and FAU tells you that you must donate to the Owl Club, you actually do not have to. I have had my seats for 5 seasons and I have only donated once. And when I did donate, FAU has kept no records of my donation. So…that should cut your costs in half. Dont make the Owl Club donation.

Now we are treading on vilification territory.

Everyone should do what's best for them, but please do not complain when $74M stadiums get delayed if you have no intention of putting into the pot.

Back to the top
Control functions: