Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Of course.... FAU stadium deal delayed

Flip Flop Football | FAU stadium deal delayed; Kitties, Wittles romp)

The deadline for the financing deal on the stadium has been pushed back a month.

Yep. Next week’s BOT meeting, which was when they were supposed to have a financing plan to review and vote on, will be another “here’s where we stand” session.

That means the BOT won’t see a plan, IF they see a plan, until June, and the Board of Governors won’t be voting on it until July.

Again, that is if and when FAU strikes a deal with the banks.

The stadium could still go up on time, as they are still working on all facets but the actual construction.
Back to the top

Re: Of course.... FAU stadium deal delayed

At least the deadline is being pushed back, and we're not "mising" the deadline
Back to the top

Unbelievable!!  Looks like I might have some extra cash to spend this summer, I hope I am wrong but I am beginning to get the familiar sinking feeling again.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This is really f***ing unacceptable.

Why is this so hard to get done when you have months at a time to work on a project?
Back to the top

Stadium won't be opened till 2012 at the earliest.  Bank on that.  Thanks FAU!
Back to the top

As much as I support FAU this stadium situation is an absolute joke. Unfortunately I am not at all surprised. Pretty sad when we come to expect this sort of thing.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

its been a joke for 8+ years. clean house already.
Back to the top

Yeah, let's go find new people that are dedicated and willing to work hard for low pay.  Let's set the program back another 5 years.  Let's all sit around and do nothing for our university but expect to have a stadium built when we have no fan base.  Let's have the lowest alumni donation participation and demand a better program.  Let's all do nothing but talk about how loyal we are to the program and figure out how we can short change the program by protesting about fees.  Let's all donate $500 and see if we can eat and drink $600 worth of the free food and drinks provided.  Let's see if we can get into sporting events with our old student IDs so we don't have to pay.

Let's do it.  Go Owls!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Yeah, let's go find new people that are dedicated and willing to work hard for low pay.  Let's set the program back another 5 years.  Let's all sit around and do nothing for our university but expect to have a stadium built when we have no fan base.  Let's have the lowest alumni donation participation and demand a better program.  Let's all do nothing but talk about how loyal we are to the program and figure out how we can short change the program by protesting about fees.  Let's all donate $500 and see if we can eat and drink $600 worth of the free food and drinks provided.  Let's see if we can get into sporting events with our old student IDs so we don't have to pay.

Let's do it.  Go Owls!!

You forgot to blame the economy too…. ::)
Back to the top

Of course.... FAU stadium deal delayed

fauowl said

Let's do it.  Go Owls!!

Wow, well said Fauowl. Sometimes we forget just how far we have come…but also how far we still need to go. We will get our stadium, it will be that much sweeter when we do.

-Go Owls!
-Forever FAU
Back to the top
Control functions: