Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

May 29 projections for field of 64

Add topic

SEbaseball.com (rivals.com affiliate) has his UP TO THE MINUTE projections. I have been keeping updated with him on twitter (@sebaseball) and he has been answering all my questions. Really nice guy

He now projects Arkansas State winning the conference and FAU, ULL and State going to regionals. We have moved, however, from Coral Gables to Gainesville

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089260
Back to the top

Re: May 29 projections for field of 64

Shockingly he has FGCU out. Wow!
Back to the top

owl said

We have moved, however, from Coral Gables to Gainesville

Like that a lot better than UM!  BCC in there is a good thing, although they aren't chopped liver anymore by any means…
Back to the top

owl said

Shockingly he has FGCU out. Wow!

Maybe it's because they exited the tourney so quickly?  They lost to UNF 12-2…
Back to the top

May 29 projections for field of 64

Possibly. I don't know. That's why he gets paid to do what he does, I guess. I personally would have FGCU in and I suspect the committee will have them in too. Too dominant in a good A-Sun, quality out of conference wins and a very strong RPI
Back to the top

I agree…they should get the nod.

They gave us a run for our money over there and whooped us at home…lol
Back to the top

That looks like an odd bunch for the Coral Gables regional.  No Florida teams?  I will believe that when I see it.  I would like to see us in Gainesville, even though the Gators are better than the Canes.  We just have never done well against the Canes, but have had some success against the Gators for whatever reason.
Back to the top

Rick said

I agree…they should get the nod.

They gave us a run for our money over there and whooped us at home…lol

His explanation:

Back to the top

Baseball America | Blog | Baseball America College Blog | Roundup: Wittels Extends Streak; More Tickets Punched

Sun Belt officials are probably ecstatic that we were eliminated. As BA points out, the conference is now most likely to send 3 teams to regionals
Back to the top

Interesting…

On a side note:

FIU also split with FGCU while winning - as we did - on the road and losing at home…

If FIU wins tomorrow, they will be in no matter what, and that could hurt FGCU's consideration for sure…

If they lose, then what? Troy or ASU will get the automatic qualify…but what about FIU and FGCU? Chose between them?

Or, are they both out?
Back to the top
Control functions: