Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU student opening Greek Store in Boca

Add topic

According to this blog entry (and Facebook):

FAU senior Business Management major, Jacob Guerra recognized this niche and is now the owner of his own business, GO GREEK. According to Guerra, "The GO GREEK store will provide an assortment of Greek Life items previously unavailable in this location combined with competitive price and conveniently located near FAU's campus." The store will offer big/little paddles, jerseys of all kinds, general apparel, birthday and graduation presents, screen-printing and embroidery services to all student clubs and even local organizations.

Things really seem to be picking up for Greek Life lately.

Back to the top

Re: FAU student opening Greek Store in Boca

As long as the Greeks on campus support it this will work good idea…the Swoozie's across the street is closing wonder if FAU would give him a deal on renting it…prime location
Back to the top

I would have waited for the Greek houses to open on campus before opening the store, just my opinion though.
Back to the top

The Swoozie's location would be nice but a risky move. If I'm reading the listing right, the space costs:

Bay 170 is 4,718 sq foot at $59/sq ft/year = $278,362/year

That's a lot of money to make just off of paddles, t-shirts, flags, etc.

The guy's a senior business major who has done profitable ventures before. I'm sure he's done his research.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

The Swoozie's location would be nice but a risky move. If I'm reading the listing right, the space costs:

The guy's a senior business major who has done profitable ventures before. I'm sure he's done his research.

Sorry, but those numbers cannot be correct.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I've never been in Swoozies but is it really that big? and 59 per sq ft is insanely expensive even for Boca
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry said

Sorry, but those numbers cannot be correct.

Why not? Here's the site:
LoopNet - Access Denied

Back to the top

For one its not where the swoozies is two this store won't last a month  FAU has about 700 kids in Greek life if Every single one spent 100 bucks there ( very high expectations) thats 70,000 Grand a year not near enough to cover anything it wont last more then a month I have tlake dot the kid and seen his business plan. The truth is you cant get Greek clothing etc cheaper then you can online and he wont be able to compete. FAU needs someone who has owned a store before and understand the dynamics of the business.
Back to the top

If that was the cost of Swoozie's rent, I have a pretty good idea of why they went bankrupt  :)  Those numbers would be difficult to justify in any business plan.
Back to the top

FAU student opening Greek Store in Boca

fauowl said

If that was the cost of Swoozie's rent, I have a pretty good idea of why they went bankrupt  :)  Those numbers would be difficult to justify in any business plan.
Yea that is ridiculous, I hope whatever they replace it with is beneficial to students same goes for the old CC
Back to the top
Control functions: