Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Perfect Game

Add topic

If you were Bud Selig, would you reverse the call and award the perfect game?

No
Yes, it was the third out of the game, it did not effect the game at all.
I do not think Bud Selig can do that
Who cares

You must select between 1 and 9 options

Survey is just for fun.
Back to the top

Re: Perfect Game

Perfect Game

What game are we talking about here??

Back to the top

The tigers game
Back to the top

That was ridiculous, I consider it a perfect game in my book. The governor of Michigan issued a proclamation of a perfect game USATODAY.com. The crazy part being 2 perfect games with in 3 days.
Back to the top

They should have some type of instant replay for close base calls. To have it for pitching would be too much. You could have a managers challenge and award one to each team, n the same lines as in football but you would have to do something different than take away a time out.
Back to the top

boozie132 said

They should have some type of instant replay for close base calls. To have it for pitching would be too much. You could have a managers challenge and award one to each team, n the same lines as in football but you would have to do something different than take away a time out.

Completely agree…no sure why they haven't after all of this time.
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

That is the play in question. Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs. Pitcher has a perfect game. For anyone who doesn't follow baseball or doesn't know what that means, that means that the pitcher hasn't allowed a base runner the entire game. No walks, no hits, no errors. 27 up 27 down.

You can see from this picture the batter was out by a good half step to a step and umpire called him safe. Now if it was just a regular game and there wasn't a perfect game on the line then it wouldn't be a big deal. There have only been 22 (23 if you count this) perfect games in the 135 years of baseball with 2 (hopefully 3) coming this season which has also never been done before

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: