Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

18 Year Old FAU Student to Graduate before Receiving High School Diploma

Add topic

Although it isn't "official" until Friday, believe this qualifies for Alumni News…nice story.

========================================================

"Dominique Ranieri has always done things on her own terms. So it comes as no surprise to those who know her that she will graduate from college Friday - exactly two weeks before she receives her high school diploma.

She's 18.

The Loxahatchee resident will be the first student ever to graduate from Florida Atlantic University High School and Florida Atlantic University at the same time. She will be receiving her bachelor's degree in criminal justice.

'It's really exciting,' Ranieri said. 'I'm proud of myself.'

FAU High School, which opened in 2004, is a selective program that allows high school students to earn high school credits and university course hours at the same time. The school covers all tuition costs for every student.

As if it isn't strange enough to be receiving her college degree before her high school diploma, Ranieri will be graduating from college three days before her 22-year-old sister."

Palm Beach Post Story
Back to the top

Re: 18 Year Old FAU Student to Graduate before Receiving High School Diploma

SO do you think her parents are disappointed in her older sister?
Back to the top

Lol.......
Back to the top

I was at that graduation and all I could think about was how brutal Thanksgiving dinner has to be for the older sister...no one likes an overachiever!
Back to the top

18 Year Old FAU Student to Graduate before Receiving High School Diploma

Team!

Where you been bro?

On your bike I take it? ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: