Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Best Sun Belt Road Trip

What is the best Sun Belt road trip?

Arkansas State
North Texas
Troy
LA Monroe
LA Layfayette
Middle Tennessee
Western KY

You must select between 1 and 21 options

I live in Jacksonville so I think that I should venture out to see my Owls now that I have control of my weekend schedule.
I know that I did not put FIU down as a road trip, mainly wondering about out of the state road trips.
If anyone has some good feedback about visiting some of the other places (good places to eat or tailgate, and hospitality level of the opposing fans)… that would be great !!
Back to the top

Re: Best Sun Belt Road Trip

LOL none of those cities look fun Troy has the potential to be a big game so that would be my guess.
Back to the top

Best Sun Belt Road Trip

North Texas.  The Dallas area has a lot of things going on. 
Back to the top

From everything ive read on the SunBelt Boards

MTSU and ULL have the best tailgating and are pretty freindly.

Ive never been so I cant speak from experience, but they are always inviting fans from visiting teams to come by and visit on the boards.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

WKU… just because I love their mascot, not really sure what it is, but it's funny to look at.
Back to the top

Murfreesboro is only about 30 minutes from Nashville…good night life downtown.  Music starts in most places around 2ish.  The hole area is filled with historic stuff if you like that king of stuff.

Lafayette, I've heard was a good trip…food & atmosphere.

Troy, this one is about football.  Can always drive down to the panhandle via Tally, Panama City…that would have been a good plan before the Oil invasion.
Back to the top

N Texas is a cool place to tailgate and Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington is only 30 minutes away. It's a good weekend trip. (but NTexas is at Lockhart this year)

Although plans have not been discussed yet, I'm sure I'll be helping to co-host a tailgate for the U Texas game if you want to make the trip to Austin (although it's not a Sun Belt Conference school). Austin is amazing!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

MTSU is a great atmosphere. Good fans, nice facilities, an all-around good experience. I am hoping to make it back to Murfreesboro this year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Thanks for the info, looks like Middle Tennessee, Troy, and Lafayette are the most recommended.

I've never had the opportunity to go on a road trip (besides FIU), so hopefully I'll make a road trip to a Sun Belt game this year.  Shouldn't be too bad starting from Jax.

Does anyone have any info on Arkansas State?  Was anyone at the 0-0 regulation thriller?  Are they near Wal-Mart's HQ?
I also see no one voted for Monroe.  Anybody accidentally go there with any feedback?
Back to the top

mh2os said

Was anyone at the 0-0 regulation thriller?

Think I have that one on DVD…not a pretty game.
Back to the top
Control functions: