Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dominoes 2 Official- Boise to MWC

Lots of coverage on Nebraska and the Big 10 (Not offiicial yet, but still nothing to refute it either)

ESPN now reporting Boise St going to MWC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276064

Boise State will be announced as the next member of the Mountain West Conference on Friday, a source with direct knowledge of the pending move told ESPN's Joe Schad.

MWC commissioner Craig Thompson hinted at an expansion announcement on Thursday amid news of Colorado's move from the Big 12 to the Pac-10.

Boise State would be leaving the Western Athletic Conference.

"We remain in communication with key parties and are continuing to implement our internal strategies," Thompson said in a statement. "These deliberations are ongoing and will be remain confidential until the appropriate time."

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Dominoes 2 and 3 now expected today...

Dominoes 2 Official- Boise to MWC

well, all this realignment news is way more exciting than the first match of the world cup (1-1 tie).

But I'm still waiting for the demise of the BCS… keep waiting!
Back to the top

They are talking like Texas and Texas A&M are going to the Big 10…wow.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Its official…

Mountain West Conference

Mountain West Conference Adds Boise State University

June 11, 2010

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -

The Mountain West Conference announced today that Boise State University has accepted an invitation to join the MWC as its 10th member institution, effective July 1, 2011.

"We are pleased and excited to welcome Boise State University to the Mountain West Conference," said Commissioner Craig Thompson. "Since our inception just 11 short years ago, the Mountain West has experienced tremendous success, and the addition of Boise State will further enhance that strength. The MWC continues to strategize regarding potential membership scenarios and bringing Boise State into the Conference is an important part of that evolution."

"The invitation to join the Mountain West Conference reflects the excellence that Boise State University has demonstrated academically and athletically," said Boise State President Robert Kustra. "It will be a privilege to compete and partner with such a successful group of member institutions. This move is in the best interests of Boise State's future, and the university is excited to be part of one of the nation's most outstanding conferences."

The Mountain West Conference was founded with eight members in 1998. Boise State is the second institution to join the Mountain West since that time; TCU became a member in 2005.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

NCowl said

well, all this realignment news is way more exciting than the first match of the world cup (1-1 tie).

But I'm still waiting for the demise of the BCS… keep waiting!
Back to the top

Re: Dominoes 2 Official- Boise to MWC

Pac11 with get five more from Big12.

MWC will add from Big12 remnants to grow to a superconfernece.

Big11 will take Missou and some BigEast teams.

SEC will hit ACC hard but -

ACC remnants and BigEast remnants will merge with CUSA elite.

CUSA and WAC remnants will merge with Belt elite too!

MAC and a few Belt teams need to as well. That or become FCS programs!!!
Back to the top

Re: Dominoes 2 Official- Boise to MWC

I'm happy for Boise State and their fans. They've gotten screwed over in the past few years and they would never play for a national championship game is stayed in the WAC. With all this conference expansion it may be even harder for them to stay undefeated and go to the national championship game but at least now in a BCS conference they have just as much chance as any other BCS school

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: