Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Domino 3- Nebraska to Big 10

People viewing the life stream of the Regents meeting confirmed that they accepted the Big 10 invite.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/11/200...g-ten.html

Nebraska bolts for the Big Ten
By BLAIR KERKHOFF
The Kansas City Star

LINCOLN, Neb. | The University of Nebraska has accepted an offer to join the Big Ten Conference, The Kansas City Star has learned.

Late this morning, Nebraska officials contacted the Big Ten office, informing the league of its decision. Nebraska will become the 12th member of the Big Ten.

Meanwhile, University of Texas regents will meet next week to decide whether the Longhorns will remain in the Big 12 or switch to another conference.

The regents announced today that they will hold a meeting by telephone Tuesday for "discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership."

The future of the Big 12 already was in jeopardy after Colorado agreed Thursday to jump to the Pac-10. The Pac-10 is also reportedly interested in inviting Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech to form a 16-team league.

Based on 2009 figures, Nebraska would double the amount of money it receives from conference distributions in the Big Ten. Big Ten schools received about $20 million a year in revenue compared with the $10 million Nebraska took in from the Big 12.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Domino 3- Nebraska to Big 10

FAU to the Big 12 ??  ::) ;D
Back to the top

mh2os said

FAU to the Big 12 ??   ::) ;D

Yep, we could come in third in that league.  The bad news is there will only be 3 teams.  :D
Back to the top

Domino 3- Nebraska to Big 10

It will take 9 votes of 12 to disolve the Big 12 and waive the $10M in penalties per school for the defections. Only 7 defectors now (maybe 8 - but stll not enough to end the conference without a vote or two more than they have. We are now talking about $70M total ($80M if Missouri bolts too).

Do you really think they will just disolve and pass on that type on cash for the remaining 4 or 5 teams. They can collect the cash and bring in more teams to remain a conference. CUSA the WAC and the Belt offer many programs they may be able to invite.

I think there is a STRONG possibility the remaining teams may want the cash from the programs who have stabbed them in the back for greener pastures. Weather we are a part of that or a CUSA replacement option will be seen, but stranger things have happened!
Back to the top

fauowl said

mh2os said

FAU to the Big 12 ??  ::) ;D

Yep, we could come in third in that league.  The bad news is there will only be 3 teams.  :D

Classic.
Back to the top

With all the movements going on, let's see if I understand so far:

Currently the Big 10, now has 12 teams.
The Big 12, now has 10 teams.

Got it!
Back to the top

fauowl said

With all the movements going on, let's see if I understand so far:

Currently the Big 10, now has 12 teams.
The Big 12, now has 10 teams.

Got it!

haha yes so in other words the Big 10 is now the Big 12 while the Big 12 is now the Big 10… Make sense? lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: