Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Vince Young Lead Suspect in Dallas Strip Club Assault

This could move Rusty up the depth chart pretty quickly!

http://cbs11tv.com/local/vince.young.suspect.2.1748889.html

DPD: Quarterback Vince Young Suspected Of Assault
DALLAS (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ?
Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the prime suspect in a Saturday night assault at a Dallas strip club that left an individual with bodily injury, an official with the Dallas Police Department said Sunday.

No warrant has been issued, but police say Young is the prime suspect. The altercation allegedly broke out after words were exchanged at Club Onyx on 10557 Wire Way. Police believe Young left the scene before officers arrived, a DPD official said.

The Houston native was drafted by the Tennessee Titans with the third overall pick in the NFL Draft in 2006. He is known for leading his alma mater, the University of Texas, to a national championship in 2006. He threw for 467 yards in that win against the University of Southern California.

He remains the starting quarterback for the Nashville-based Tennessee Titans.
Back to the top

Re: Vince Young Lead Suspect in Dallas Strip Club Assault

Oh boy….

Gonna sound crappy but wonder what this does for Rusty's chances?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Why does that sound crappy? If the guy did it, then he should be punished and we all know that Der Kaiser Goodell won't allow any mischief on his watch…look what he did to Rapliethsberger! If he didn't do it, fair enough, but if VY is guilty, then suspend his a**.

Rusty becomes the #3!!!
Back to the top

Boo-ya!
Back to the top

Vince Young Lead Suspect in Dallas Strip Club Assault

I personally don't think it helps Rusty.  Now they may need to go get another QB.  Rusty will not be the starter for the Titans this year so adding another QB just complicates the scenario.  The Titans have much invested in VY so this just adds another QB that wasn't in the picture before.  Not good in my opinion at all.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I personally don't think it helps Rusty.  Now they may need to go get another QB.  Rusty will not be the starter for the Titans this year so adding another QB just complicates the scenario.  The Titans have much invested in VY so this just adds another QB that wasn't in the picture before.   Not good in my opinion at all.

We know Rusty won't be the starter this year. If the starting QB is suspended for 6 games or even a season that only helps Rusty's chances. I doubt highly they go out and get another QB. They have 3 on their roster and it's not like anyone they go out and get will be any better than Kerry Collins or Chris Simms. Who are you going to get? Brad Johnson, Brady Quinn??

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

fauowl said

I personally don't think it helps Rusty.  Now they may need to go get another QB.  Rusty will not be the starter for the Titans this year so adding another QB just complicates the scenario.  The Titans have much invested in VY so this just adds another QB that wasn't in the picture before.   Not good in my opinion at all.

We know Rusty won't be the starter this year. If the starting QB is suspended for 6 games or even a season that only helps Rusty's chances. I doubt highly they go out and get another QB. They have 3 on their roster and it's not like anyone they go out and get will be any better than Kerry Collins or Chris Simms. Who are you going to get? Brad Johnson, Brady Quinn??

I don't know who you go get, but for a multi-million dollar organization, Chris Simms and Rusty Smith will not be the answer so whatever the solution, it hurts both Chris Simms and Rusty Smith.  You have to go win games right now.  If Collins can do that, then maybe it works out, but, I do not think this helps Simms or Smith in any way unless they are close to taking over which I do not believe they are.
Back to the top

Problem: You have a QB in VY that has shown a tendency to be crazy and act irresponsibly, potentially damaging the organization. You also don't know if he will again have a breakdown and disappear like he did 2 years ago.

Their solution seems well thought out. Collins can win games right now, he can play tomorrow if necessary, he has the experience and the ability to win games for them this year. In that situation (with VY out of the picture) they need a backup that has NFL experience, who they have in Simms. We all know the reports on Simms, so what do the Titans do, knowing they'll need a replacement fairly quickly? They go out and get a QB prospect that…"SHOULD" he have the physical ability to compete, already has 75% of the playbook learned. I remember watching an interview of Mike Vick the year after his draft (he took 3 years before taking a snap for the falcons) and he was talking about how incredibly difficult it was to learn the playbook and system. That's an intangible that gives Rusty a big step ahead of most of the other QBs taken in this year's draft.

Now I'm not saying Rusty is ready to go in and play this year, he may never be, but from the playbook/system side of the ball, he's ahead of the game.
Back to the top

When are these guys going to learn to stay out of strip clubs?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

When are these guys going to learn to stay out of strip clubs?

Isn't that the truth Walty!  Strip Clubs, Dance Clubs, Pool Halls, Etc……  Hand Guns, Knives, Etc……  It is truly getting old!  Rusty will be there quicker than we think, just not this year!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: