Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stephen Curtis in the News...

BUT as a baseball all 4A All-State selection…sounds like he would like to play both if he had the chance…

============================================================
==================

Stephen Curtis wanted to go out with a bang in what was his final baseball season at Sumter High School, and quite possibly his last one ever.

Curtis, who signed with Florida Atlantic University in February to play quarterback, wasn't completely pleased with his season, but he did enough to be named to the 4A All-State team by the South Carolina Baseball Coaches Association.

Curtis is joined on the team by juniors Bruce Caldwell and Jordan Montgomery.

"I started off really strong, but about spring break I started to slump and I didn't really ever get out of it," said Curtis, who hit .322 with five home runs, three triples and three doubles while knocking in 25 runs and scoring 20.

It was some-sort of a redemption for Curtis, who was not named to any all-star game or all-state list in football after completing 167 of 313 passes for 2,617 yards and 33 touchdowns, while adding 480 yards and 13 scores on the ground.

"It feels a little better," said Curtis, who leaves for FAU on Sunday. "I thought I should have made it in football."

Curtis Makes 4A All-State Team

Back to the top

Re: Stephen Curtis in the News...

Clemson's QB was just drafted in the MLB draft, they let him play right field as well…of course, now they're screwed because they don't have a QB if he takes his offer (2.8mil from what I've read).
Back to the top

Stephen Curtis in the News...

Lots of guys play two ways…

Clemson's Kyle Parker (as mentioned above), NC State's QB Russell Wilson, UF's WR Riley Cooper did for a while, LSU's safety Chad Jones and WR Jarred Mitchell did as well.

I'm for it, he needs to talk to Coach McCormack!
Back to the top

He's definitely good enough to do both but needs to concentrate on football first and get feet underneath him before tackling all that.
Back to the top
Control functions: