Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USA Soccer!

Add topic

USA Soccer!

Don't know how many of you watched or even care but the U.S.A. soccer team beat Algeria 1-0 in the 91st minute of the match to win their group (C) for the first time in over 70 years and advance to the 2nd round. We now await the 2nd place finisher of group D. It is between Germany, Ghana and Serbia. Whoever wins the group will play England in round 2.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: USA Soccer!

I was at work but caught the second half in my car on the radio.

HUGE goal and win.

Thought we were going home.

Man, with my German background if will be strange for me if USA plays Germany.

Ill pull for USA all the way but usually if were out of it, I fall back to Germany as "my" team in the Cup.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

USA can play Germany IF Germany loses to Ghana and Australia beats Serbia (fat chance). There's like 86 different ways with tie breakers and goal differentials and points for wins and ties. More than likely we won't play Germany.

The refs were horrible yet again. A lot of phantom calls including another offside on what would have been a goal early in the first half

Back to the top

What a day to take an early lunch and head to the bar to watch the second halves of each match! I was torn on what I should do after the game, it seemed like a good idea to just start drinking and celebrate. Gotta hand it to the Algerian keeper, guy stood on his head today.

BIG games on Saturday/Sunday, this is when the World Cup starts to get exciting.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

What a day to take an early lunch and head to the bar to watch the second halves of each match! I was torn on what I should do after the game, it seemed like a good idea to just start drinking and celebrate. Gotta hand it to the Algerian keeper, guy stood on his head today.

BIG games on Saturday/Sunday, this is when the World Cup starts to get exciting.

Here's how they celebrated in NY after Donovan's goal. This gave me goosebumps! I can't wait to take on Ghana

Back to the top

This is awesome!!
Finally someone posted something about Team USA.
Didn't wanna do it and get the cold shoulder, but here I am supporting the US.
It was a very wild game, but you have to give all the credit to the US soccer team. Those guys fight until the end and that's what I love the most about soccer in this country.
Looking forward to saturday's game against Ghana.
It would have been nice to face Germany because the referee disallowed a goal against US in 2006 during the world cup.
I also became a member of the The American Outlaws – US Soccer Supporters
This group supports the US soccer team around the nation and beyond.

GO OWLS & GO TEAM USA
Back to the top

I'm not a big soccer fan but I do like to follow the world cup.

I remember the Germany game in 2002. We shouldve won that game but the German player made a great stop with his hands, too bad he's not the goalie.

If you touch the ball in the goal crease with your hands I'm pretty sure its an automatic red card and a penalty kick.

I think we have a better chance against Ghana then we would against Germany even without their captain Ballack

Back to the top

I completely agree man!

It is not crazy to think that the U.S can advance further than the 16 round.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

It is not crazy to think that the U.S can advance further than the 16 round.

Temporary signature tag addition for Jab??

;D
Back to the top

They get past Ghana and they actually look good against S. Korea/Uruguay…this is a Semi-Final team! IF the refs let them keep the goals that they score. Methinks some people out there don't want to see the US succeed in football.
Back to the top
Control functions: