Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Women's Hoops: FAU's Bowe Attempts Transition to Olympic Ice Skating

Add topic

Women's Hoops: FAU's Bowe Attempts Transition to Olympic Ice Skating

“Toward the beginning of the summer, I was going back-and-forth on whether to go to Europe for basketball or go out west and try to make the transition (to ice),” said Bowe, a Trinity Catholic graduate. “I was having a lot of trouble making the decision. But then I was like, ‘what athlete wouldn't want to be an Olympian?'

“Everything is there for me, laid-out plain. Now it's just a matter of using my tools.”

Since making the decision, Bowe has been full-steam ahead as she prepares to depart for Salt Lake City in less than a week.

Once there, she'll begin training with the top speedskating coaches in the country, hopefully culminating with a ticket to the 2014 Winter Games in Russia.

Hawkins, who has worked with Bowe over the years, has no doubts about her physical ability or her mental toughness.

“It shouldn't take her very long to become a contender,” Hawkins said. “Brittany seems to be a very goal-oriented person. When she sees something she wants, she goes after it and attains it. I've never seen her try anything that she doesn't do well.

“I fully expect to see her in the (2014) Olympics.”

Full Story

Back to the top
Control functions: