Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Update on Frantz Joseph: "Eskimos rookie’s taken the hard road to CFL"

EDMONTON — Marie Clercius is home in Florida, by herself, while the youngest of her five children, Frantz Joseph is a lifetime away, in Edmonton, fighting his hardest to earn a contract with the Edmonton Eskimos for the most basic of reasons — money.

Not money to frivolously spend on himself, but to do what he’s been doing all his life, support his mother who has rarely enjoyed more than the basics of life. She and the first three of her children arrived from Haiti by boat nearly 40 years ago.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Update on Frantz Joseph: "Eskimos rookie’s taken the hard road to CFL"

Update on Frantz Joseph: "Eskimos rookie’s taken the hard road to CFL"

End of the line as an Eskimo…

Let go yesterday
Back to the top

Rick said

End of the line as an Eskimo…

Let go yesterday

Well at least he has a college degree to fall back on. Doesn't look like his football career is going to turn out like we all hoped it would

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I know he does not have the "speed" of other linebackers but he is a PLAYER. When you look at the amount of "crap" out there on the field on Sundays it just amazes me Nobody can use a player with toughness and heart anymore! College football at ANY level is so much better than the NFL "product".
Back to the top

It's unfortunate, I really thought once he had a place to showcase his talent, he would be IN!

Back to the top

NCowl said

It's unfortunate, I really thought once he had a place to showcase his talent, he would be IN!

I felt the same way! It's a shame that they didn't see the talent ???  
Back to the top

Wow, if only he had stayed at Boston College.  Then the pros, both the NFL and the CFL, would look at him differently.  I'm sure that he only got released by both because he "sacrificed" so much to transfer to lowly FAU to take care of his mother.

Hopefully you all can detect a little sarcasm . . .

I love the kid but at some point, we just have to admit that maybe we have an inflated opinion of Frantz.  Maybe things happen that we don't know about that could lead to these roster moves.  Who knows.
Back to the top

Unfortunately I have to agree with the above post, look at some of the poor character people that get repeated chances (Pacman Jones, etc…).  The pros only seem to care about production.  Maybe he can try the AFL, or Frantz could be a very good defensive coach for FAU (it would be good seeing Jared Allen and Frantz as coaches).
Back to the top

You mean like as the LINEBACKERS coach! Sounds good to me, teach some more toughness and instill some more heart!!
Back to the top
Control functions: