Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Vuvuzela at FAU Football Games?

What says you about the Vuvuzela at FAU Football games?

Oh Yeah - Bring on the Drone!
No Way - Wrong Football!
When does the season start?

You must select between 1 and 28 options

Any one know where I can get a hold of a vuvuzela? I been watching the WC and have become intrigued by the vuvuzela sound. I'd like to have to ready for the upcoming season.  I know the MLB is considering banning it, b/c of the promotional giveaway by the Marlins a week or so ago and the ruckus made by the Rays over the sound. Is the vuvuzela banned anywhere else here in the US?
Back to the top

Re: Vuvuzela at FAU

Going to have to poll this up…suspected it was coming…

;D
Back to the top

B_Rider is off and running on the call for the drone zone…….

[url="http://www.fauowlsnest.com/itb/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/vuvuzela.jpg"][img param="vuvuzela"]http://www.fauowlsnest.com/itb/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/vuvuzela-355x249.jpg[/img][/url]

What says you about the Vuvuzela at FAU Football games?

Good idea or bad?
Back to the top

Re: Vuvuzela at FAU Football Games?

I would consider giving up my season tickets that I have had since day 1 if I had to listen to that nonsense every game.  But let me tell you how I really feel…
Back to the top

Isn't there a rule on the books against artificial noise makers now?

I believe they would definitely (and thankfully ) fall into that category.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This is retarded........ who ever thought of this need to stay away from football for the rest of their lives
Back to the top

those are the worst things in the world, the person who invented them should be placed in a 5' x 5' room with 100 of them blasting at them for no less than 100 years. And anyone caught with one at a FAU game or any other college football game should get the same sentence.

it's a terrible idea and this thread should be destroyed!!!!

Back to the top

Worst idea since "Who Let The Owls Out."

Not only do they make a terrible, annoying noise which will irritate the s*** out of everybody and keep people from attending the games

it will also get out that we're trying to introduce a soccer tradition to American football. We'll just get a backlash from this that's not even worth it.
Back to the top

Student government plans on giving these out next year. Sounds like a great idea to me. You can hear someone sneeze on the otherside of Lockhart when we're playing.
Back to the top

nextdoorSTB said

Student government plans on giving these out next year. Sounds like a great idea to me. You can hear someone sneeze on the otherside of Lockhart when we're playing.

Nope.  Here's a great idea:  how about student government try to get students to attend games AND stay past halftime.

If you can hear someone sneeze on the other side of Lockhart, that is because lack of fans, not lack of irratating noise makers.  Solve the problem at hand and you won't have to resort to gimmicks.
Back to the top
Control functions: