Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith Just caught a huge break possibly. Chris Simms Arrested

Add topic

:o

Chris Simms arrested for driving while stoned - NYPOST.com

Tennessee Titans quarterback Chris Simms – son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms – was busted on W. Houston Street this morning on charges of driving while stoned, The Post has learned.

Simms, 29, of Nashville, was observed with red eyes, flushed face and slurred speech at around 2 a.m., according to a source.

He spent this morning getting booked and awaiting arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court on charges of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by marijuana.

Simms' father is a former Super Bowl MVP. He has also played for the Denver Broncos and the Tampa Bay Buckaneers. He has struggled to regain starter status since rupturing his spleen while playing for Tampa in 2005.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Rusty Smith Just caught a huge break possibly. Chris Simms Arrested

That team is really looking for a character guy to step in…man I hope Rusty has the physical ability to make it at that level, because he's certainly got everything else Tennessee would want in a franchise QB.
Back to the top

Dope smokin' strip clubbers…

Quite a group of back-ups ya got there Tennessee!
Back to the top

Rick said

Dope smokin' strip clubbers…

Quite a group of back-ups ya got there Tennessee!

You'd think these guys would learn after the Steve McNair tragedy in Nashville last year.

It's been almost a year now. I think Steve died early on July 4th, 2009.
Back to the top

Yes it was July 4th. You'd think these guys would learn after Pac-Man and Vick.

Especially someone like Simms. Everything you do is going to be scrutinized because of your dad. You wanna smoke weed, go for it but do it at your house or somewhere that won't get you in trouble. If you need to go out that badly, call a cab you've got plenty of money I'm sure a $30 cab ride is nothing

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

oh man, i saw that in the post and was about to post it myself.

huge news for rusty. Tennesse is going to need some stability, i can't imagine them not keeping rusty, who's pretty much a choir boy.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

oh man, i saw that in the post and was about to post it myself.

huge news for rusty. Tennesse is going to need some stability, i can't imagine them not keeping rusty, who's pretty much a choir boy.

Personally, I'd rather smoke pot than hook up with priests.

If that is a bad joke, forgive me.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Personally, I think Rusty just made the team, not the practice squad! He is better than Simms anyhow, and definately smarter. Chris Simms, what a freakin idiot! The commish is gonna squash his nuts, not to mention his "career"!!!!
Back to the top

Rusty Smith Just caught a huge break possibly. Chris Simms Arrested

Tennessee has to sign a vet back-up now.  The only stable Q on the roster is Rusty, and they have no idea what he can do.  VY is a head case and facing a possible suspension, Simms see above, and Collins has a foot in the grave.  I can't imagine they go into camp like this.  Hope Rusty proves he can hang. 
Back to the top

Well if the Titans end up cutting Simms from the team, that would free up the #11 jersey… just sayin'
Back to the top
Control functions: