Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

0-line

0-line

everyone is worried about the offensive line. i feel like i'm the only one who's not. the last two years the offensive line didn't let up a sack i feel like and we still couldn't score in the bigger games.

this team will score points or at least the same it did the last two years. the defense will be the only factor deciding to make this a bowl team or just another 80-120 team.

since we do play in the subelt and all but a few games are in the 80-120 competition you really have to have a three loss season in my opinion to be considered a good team. that doesn't go for us but for anyone in the sunbelt.
Back to the top

Re: 0-line

Exit39 said

everyone is worried about the offensive line. i feel like i'm the only one who's not. the last two years the offensive line didn't let up a sack i feel like and we still couldn't score in the bigger games.

this team will score points or at least the same it did the last two years. the defense will be the only factor deciding to make this a bowl team or just another 80-120 team.

since we do play in the subelt and all but a few games are in the 80-120 competition you really have to have a three loss season in my opinion to be considered a good team. that doesn't go for us but for anyone in the sunbelt.

I am trying to follow the logic, but I am not understanding.  Here is my thought (which means absolutely nothing):  We had almost the worst defense in the country last year so we should have some improvement because we cannot be worse and we have a new DC and improved strength coach.  On Offense, Van Camp and Alfred will be great.  We lost talent at receiver and the O-line.  We had arguably the best line in our history last year and went 5-7, and this year we have none of those returning so it is a big question mark.

The key to the season then becomes the receivers and O-line.  Assuming the D improves, if the O-line performs and the receivers perform, we can be a good team.  If the O-line and OR receivers Do not perform, we can have a very very mediocre team.

I am hoping for the best, but building my own expectation for something different.  Not because I am a pessimist, but based on the reality of college football and the fact it is so difficult to build an O-line in such a short time. IMO building an O-line is THE biggest undertaking in college football…and is without a doubt, our biggest issue going into the new season.
Back to the top

Re: 0-line

It'll be the same story as every season…a few bounces go our way we go 7-5 or maybe 8-4, if they go against us we go 6-6 or 5-7.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: