Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Watch Parties

I have a few questions since I do not live down there any more.
How many local bars show the FAU games on TV?
Is there 1 designated bar/restaurant people go to watch?
How many people show up to watch the game?

I have a client (French Quarter Bar & Grill) in Pompano. We are in the process of putting together our "watch football games here" campaign which focuses on Dolphins & Saints & LSU & Hurricanes headquarters. Being closer to FAU, I could swing them to make it an FAU headquarters as well, I just would like to get back to them with some numbers.

Is this something people would be interested in?
Comments & Feedback welcome please.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Watch Parties

I would suggest calling Dexter LaMont in athletics and seeing if a partnership could be formed.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

There are a ton of threads on watch parties on the forum…if you search within the football forum for key words "watch parties" a few good ones pop up.

Smitty posted a good one on developing relationships:

WATCH PARTIES for FAU football

Here's one from last season for the NU game that has some photos…that particular game had four I believe, although I could only get to three of them…of course, these were local.

NU Watch Parties
Back to the top

FAU Watch Parties

There is always an "Official" watch party with FAU getting involved. Usually at Duffy's.

I know the other 3 from last year were orginized by others and talked to the owners who put them on.

TBH Pompano would be a bit far to drive. I like the local ones since I can get there early, camp and eat, and then get home in a few minutes living in Boca.

I agree with Smitty though, If your friend really wants to get involved with it contact FAU. Perhaps they could be the "Broward" official watch place.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Talking with FAU to make the watch parties "official" is always a great idea. I'm working on some right now for cities in Texas and FAU has been great to work with on the parties.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I hope to catch a couple of games in the new Duffy's in Fort Lauderdale off 17th and Cordova it was the old Original Steak house they got a good setup there.
Back to the top

17th Street Causeway??
Back to the top

Rick said

17th Street Causeway??

the 17th street causeway that goes over the inter-coastal overlooking the port.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Back to the top

Logistically I would say that Pompano isn't super convenient so you'd have to overcome that hurdle. There are some local establishments in Boca that are now embracing FAU and the opportunity to host watch parties, whether they be official or not. I know one we put on Paul Metcalf from FAU Alumni Relations stopped by to set up a table. We're starting to get to the point where we can justify more than one location for a watch party, which is great.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Logistically I would say that Pompano isn't super convenient so you'd have to overcome that hurdle. There are some local establishments in Boca that are now embracing FAU and the opportunity to host watch parties, whether they be official or not. I know one we put on Paul Metcalf from FAU Alumni Relations stopped by to set up a table. We're starting to get to the point where we can justify more than one location for a watch party, which is great.

I understand the campus is in Boca, but Pompano is NOT that far and it is still considered a "commuter school". And when I finally moved off campus, I lived in deerfield & coconut creek.

SO, if a pompano location benefits anyone on here, please speak up and show some interest.
Once again, thanks all for the input.
Back to the top
Control functions: