Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

“Up Close” with Jeff Blanchard

When a player suffers two season-ending injuries, people like to focus on the negative side of things, but for redshirt-senior running back Jeff Blanchard, it has been a successful journey off and on the field. Graduating last December with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Blanchard is now back in school working on his second degree in English while he plays his final year of college football.

Now entering the 2010 season and fall practice, Blanchard is set to rotate back-up duties behind sophomore running back Alfred Morris…

Full Entry
Back to the top

Re: “Up Close” with Jeff Blanchard

Besides football, what brought you to FAU?

“Education, the coaches, and being close to my family. I started off in Kansas and I transferred here so my family could come to every game and support me. I didn’t like Kansas, it was a culture shock.”

I'm glad he said that. I don't think a lot of these Florida boys who commit to play football at places like Iowa State realize exactly how much different it is being in the mid-west compared to Florida. Not only the weather but life in general. They're in for a real shock when it's - 20 degrees and there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and a storm is about to drop even more

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Was thinking the same thing...this ought to be posted in the media guide that is given to every single recruit that Iowa State goes after we are also interested in.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Besides football, what brought you to FAU?

“Education, the coaches, and being close to my family. I started off in Kansas and I transferred here so my family could come to every game and support me. I didn’t like Kansas, it was a culture shock.”

It needs to be in the media guide!

I have heard the same thing about other Florida-born players not liking it out there. Most notably was Florida 5A Player of the Year Kwamaine Brown who originally signed with Kansas State. I think he's out at a community college in Mississippi now.
Back to the top

FAU said

(((echo)))
Back to the top

“Up Close” with Jeff Blanchard

Rick said

FAU said

(((echo)))

Well send that interview over to FAU media!!! :)
Back to the top
Control functions: