Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titans OC loves what Smith has shown

Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger (via The Tennessean):

You’ve been around rookie quarterback Rusty Smith for a few months now. What have been your first impressions of him?

“His vision is amazing. He sees things when I stand behind him that make me think, ‘How the heck did you get that ball there?’ His arm strength is good. He needs to learn a little bit that arm strength isn’t going to get him through everything, though. He forces it at times when he shouldn’t because he is real confident in his arm strength.’’
Back to the top

Re: Titans OC loves what Smith has shown

Forcing the ball is a habit he got into primarily bc of the SunBelt competition IMO, he did it at FAU as well, but his arm strength was good enough where he could get away with it…now the DBs are MUCH better, he won't be able to do it.

Good thing is that it sounds like he's learning, and if everything goes well, he'll be carrying a clip board in a jersey on Sundays this fall!
Back to the top

If he keeps developing he'll be doing more than that on Sundays, maybe not this year, and maybe not with the Titans. Unless VY goes rogue or something crazy.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

There's always a chance of VY going crazy!
Back to the top

Titans OC loves what Smith has shown

TeamBeer said

There's always a chance of VY going crazy!

I'm sure that there are odds in Vegas on VY going loco this season :o  It just cracks me up that ESPN Magazine did an article on VY a couple of months ago saying how he is a changed man.  Nothing could be further from the truth!
Back to the top

Then I guess Rusty was a good insurance policy for Collins. Given VY and Simms.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: