Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Up Close"... With Criminal Justice Majors

Is it just me, or is half the team majoring in this?

Back to the top

Re: "Up Close"... With Criminal Justice Majors

"Up Close"... With Criminal Justice Majors

;D

There are two common traits amongst the student athletes:

1. Christianity
2. Criminal Justice

And this one is still the best!

What is your major?

“Criminal Justice. I want to work with some Criminals."

- X Stinson
Back to the top

NCowl said

Is it just me, or is half the team majoring in this?

It's my major as well.  VERY underrated program and I'm not just being a homer.  Professor Mangan is a highly decorated former DEA agent.  He has been featured on BET's "American Gangster" series and was the former chief liaison officer to INTERPOL while with the agency.  The program's chair Dr. Gordon Bazemore is considered in the top 3 Restorative Justice researchers (in the WORLD!).
Back to the top

The said

The program's chair Dr. Gordon Bazemore is considered in the top 3 Restorative Justice researchers (in the WORLD!).

What is that exactly??
Back to the top

Rick said

The said

The program's chair Dr. Gordon Bazemore is considered in the top 3 Restorative Justice researchers (in the WORLD!).

What is that exactly??

Pretty much it's ways of using alternative methods to reduce recidivism and opening dialogue between victims and offenders.  For instance mediation, alternative ways of providing compensation if the offender is unable to pay the victim, and also educating low level offenders in vocational and GED (in some cases even college level work) while incarcerated to prevent them from re-offending after being released.  It's focused on juveniles mainly to try and deter them from becoming career criminals and getting lost in the already backed up and over crowded Criminal Justice system.
Back to the top

Kid's being Christian and wanting to work with criminals to straighten them out - not a bad combo.

Could get jobs at UF after graduation working with the football team, or actually the entire SEC, ha ha!
Back to the top

The said

Rick said

The said

What is that exactly??

Pretty much it's ways of using alternative methods to reduce recidivism and opening dialogue between victims and offenders.

Two $.75 words for you ;D

Had to look this one up!

Reminds me of the Discovery series that highlights inmates who are eligible for parole and have to deal with their victims families being present at the hearing, etc…particularly, having to go through the process of admitting the wrong doing, repenting of it, and addressing that in a public forum…this is, as you probably know, a direct conflict to prison code in that you never talk about your crime as a general rule with other inmates…however, the restorative therapy program forces it, or you can't be a part…I feel for them in that they have to make a tough change that will likely result in being persecuted by other inmates for breaking the prison code to do what is right to move on from the crime and hopefully gain their freedom…show is very interesting.
Back to the top
Control functions: