Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Rose, any news?

With the pack of running backs they have in camp, I know Willie's chances are limited. I am cheering for him as much as for Rusty and Jason— or any Owl for that matter. So if anyone hears anything…

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Willie Rose, any news?

Haven't heard anything on Willie; however, the Titan's training camp notebook led off with the following quote:

"FB Ahmard Hall continued to look impressive in run block drills."

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Tuesdays-Training-Camp-Notebook/e3ac1296-1e59-4ae3-a14d-645c3f325845

Also in the initial article announcing the six athletes placed on the PUP list, it stated:

"Other players listed on the PUP list as camp started included safety Nick Schommer, cornerback Jamar Love, and fullback Willie Rose. Fisher said all six players would be evaluated further Sunday.

"They will be there for a day, two days, maybe a week," Fisher said. "They'll all be on kind of a day-to-day thing."

Players can come off the PUP list and join the active roster at any time throughout training camp. Players placed on PUP still count towards the current 80-man roster."
Back to the top

Been checking the Titans message boards as a few of them are at camp watching.

No news on Willie as he is on the PUP.

Rusty is impressing with his arm strength, but is holding on to the ball to long.

Most dont mind that as it indicates to them that hed rather not make a bad forced play.

Many prediciting hes the #3 QB for sure and are very hopeful for his development.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Willie Rose, any news?

Rusty will learn to get rid of the ball faster, even if it means throwing it away for an incomplete - just no sacks and no int's!
Back to the top
Control functions: