Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Opening Line out on FAU vs UAB...

Today's College Football Odds & Points Spreads

Florida Atlantic +13
UAB -13

Sound about right?

We have a OLine with no carrer starts and a Defense ranked almost last in the NCAA.

UAB lost thier offense in Joe Webb (and I mean just that, he accounted for 70% of UAB's offense last year)

29 more days!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Opening Line out on FAU vs UAB...

Wow, 2 TD's huh?  That doesn't sound right to me at all…I'll take FAU on that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Wow, 2 TD's huh?  That doesn't sound right to me at all…I'll take FAU on that.

We haven't even started practice yet?!

Lol…….

Regardless, I'm with Walty…13 point is too much.
Back to the top

I'm with Walty! Not only am I better Walty's car on this game but we'll also be taking side bets in Little Beirut aka Birmingham
Back to the top

+13 BAAAAAHHHH! i'm all over this.

Back to the top

Opening Line out on FAU vs UAB...

Exit39 said

+13 BAAAAAHHHH! i'm all over this.

I would def take FAU +13
Back to the top

Lines have nothing to do with football games.  Lines have to do with how many people will bet on each side of the bet.  If equal numbers of people bet on each side, it does not matter what the line is.  It is all about stimulating betting.  If they suddenly change the line, it is not because one of the teams suddenly got more respect, it means they need the betting trends to change.  The losing bettors pay off the winning bettors, and vegas takes their cut from the winning bettors.  They cannot lose that way.  The myth that Vegas will take a bath on a bet is a joke.  They want an equal number of people to bet on each team, and it's that simple.
Back to the top

fauowl said

The myth that Vegas will take a bath on a bet is a joke.  They want an equal number of people to bet on each team, and it's that simple.

;D

But, fauowl is right and now I will no longer be able to use that line in hoop's previews!

Details on How Vegas Calculates
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

The myth that Vegas will take a bath on a bet is a joke.  They want an equal number of people to bet on each team, and it's that simple.

;D

But, fauowl is right and now I will no longer be able to use that line in hoop's previews!

Details on How Vegas Calculates

Sorry to rain on the parade.  :)  You can still have fun with it because you want to be on the right side of the bet.  It just won't be Vegas that is crying when you win, it will be some sucker on the losing side of the bet.
Back to the top

Yeah, if you have ever been you know that Vegas obviously doesn't lose.  I am suprised that the odds makers see us as a 13 point dog though.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: