Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Season is about to kick off so Boca is celebrating...

FAU Football Season is about to kick off so Boca is celebrating...

…the Miami Dolphins.

The City of Boca is celebrating the City of Miami's team.

"to Cheer on our Home Team"

I find this a little insulting. I mean, I understand it… but I still find it a little insulting at the same time.

They couldn't promote FAU football? Really?

I guess our stadium is too far away.

Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Season is about to kick off so Boca is celebrating...

link does not work, but sounds pretty messed up to me too.
???
Back to the top

NCowl said

link does not work

Fixed
Back to the top

owlcountry said

…the Miami Dolphins.

I find this a little insulting. I mean, I understand it… but I still find it a little insulting at the same time.

Here is a news flash.  The city of Boca does not really care about FAU.  I think if it was their choice, there would be no stadium going up on campus.  FAU already backed out on a promise to build an offramp at spanish river in order to divert traffic during peak times at FAU.  Boca Raton is not what you call a college town.  When you are up in Gainsville, you see UF stuff everywhere.  The same for UCF.  There are banners all around the School with the UCF logo.  Buses have UCF stuff on them.  Stores all around the area have "go knights" on their windows.  Boca will never approve of any public support like banners, signage on store fronts, etc.  Boca has something called a Beautification committee who approved things like that.  They are people who want everything to match the "Boca scheme" (pink and ugly). 
Back to the top

Aqualung said

owlcountry said

…the Miami Dolphins.

Here is a news flash.  The city of Boca does not really care about FAU.  I think if it was their choice, there would be no stadium going up on campus.  FAU already backed out on a promise to build an offramp at spanish river in order to divert traffic during peak times at FAU.  Boca Raton is not what you call a college town.  When you are up in Gainsville, you see UF stuff everywhere.  The same for UCF.  There are banners all around the School with the UCF logo.  Buses have UCF stuff on them.  Stores all around the area have "go knights" on their windows.  Boca will never approve of any public support like banners, signage on store fronts, etc.  Boca has something called a Beautification committee who approved things like that.  They are people who want everything to match the "Boca scheme" (pink and ugly).

Thanks for the insight.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Aqualung said

owlcountry said

…the Miami Dolphins.

Here is a news flash.  The city of Boca does not really care about FAU.  I think if it was their choice, there would be no stadium going up on campus.  FAU already backed out on a promise to build an offramp at spanish river in order to divert traffic during peak times at FAU.  Boca Raton is not what you call a college town.  When you are up in Gainsville, you see UF stuff everywhere.  The same for UCF.  There are banners all around the School with the UCF logo.  Buses have UCF stuff on them.  Stores all around the area have "go knights" on their windows.  Boca will never approve of any public support like banners, signage on store fronts, etc.  Boca has something called a Beautification committee who approved things like that.  They are people who want everything to match the "Boca scheme" (pink and ugly).
You couldn't be more wrong i know for a fact that the sga president is meeting with the mayor about banners in the city slowly but surly stuff is going up around the city we just haven't had the want or need for it in the past with the stadium coming you will begin to see even more. FAU is growing at a rapid rate and the city doesn't have much control.
Back to the top

Build it….and win….. and they will come! I mean this is South Florida after all.

But seriously, once built, the tradition will begin and it will grow!
Back to the top

I didn't know FAU was responsible for building the offramp, they're qualified to do that? I'm building an off ramp closer to my house!!!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I didn't know FAU was responsible for building the offramp, they're qualified to do that? I'm building an off ramp closer to my house!!!

ummm……

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/palm-beach-post/mi_8163/is_20060419/interchange-planned-95-spanish-river/ai_n51918313/

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-regional/12013537-1.html
Back to the top

Aqualung said

TeamBeer said

ummm……

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/palm-beach-post/mi_8163/is_20060419/interchange-planned-95-spanish-river/ai_n51918313/

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-regional/12013537-1.html

Agualung,

FAU was NEVER, repeat NEVER going to pay for this ramp.  Universities do not do that.  For one, they do not have money to do that (and not FAU–most or all Universities).  They had an agreement with Boca to not do certain things until a ramp was built.  Times change, and so do agreements.  The agreement now does not require a ramp. The original plan was for a 65,000 seat stadium, obvious overkill, but no one knew.  Now it is a 30,000 seat stadium at a campus that handles that much traffic daily.  It is no big deal.  Find a new argument.  This one is years and years old.
Back to the top
Control functions: