Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can Housler Hold onto the Starting TE Job?

Add topic

Will Rob Housler win the starting TE position for 2010?

Starting TE for all of 2010
Starts, but loses the job
Takes #2 spot on depth chart
benched!

You must select between 1 and 12 options

FAU's projected starter at TE, #81 Rob Housler, is having a poor showing at camp. Granted, camp is only a few days old, but to hear Coach say, "Housler still needs a lot of work. He doesn’t look like the same guy" is cause for concern. Especially, since he sat out all of 2009 as a redshirt player.

At 6'5" 215 lbs., Housler is the biggest target for JVC to throw to; but word on the street is he has a problem holding onto the ball. As a fifth year senior, Housler is one of the most experienced guys on the team. His biggest strength, aside from his size is his speed.

In 37 games, Housler has racked up 599yrds and five total TDs (4rec,1rsh).

With four other TE's on the roster, will #81 be #1 on the depth chart come Sept. 2?
Back to the top

Re: Can Housler Hold onto the Starting TE Job?

Thats not word on the street.

Thats a bonafide fact.

He's had MORE then enough opportunities. If he cant catch by now then its time to sit him and let a fresher TE in.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

He has to work on his hands...with his size and athleticism he should be 1st Team.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Is it his hands or his head??? Bottom line, if he does not hold onto the ball, he does not hold onto his job!

C'mon Rob, this is the year you have been waiting for, the no. 1 TE, FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

With his speed and size, he'll do well on special teams. But think Darian Williams should get the nod to start.
Back to the top

He did a lot better today at practice…didn't see any drops.
Back to the top

Can Housler Hold onto the Starting TE Job?

Too bad the TEs that were moved to O-line are still just wasting their talent. Wish our coaches would give everyone the same multiple chances they give to the lucky few.
Back to the top

His one rushing TD was pretty sweet though! Lets just use him for the end around.

It's like we found the second coming of Danston Darius
Back to the top
Control functions: