Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Update on Sessa and Colley Injuries...

Just announced per FAU:

Sessa has a knee sprain and is out indefinitely.

Colley has a strained patella and is day-to-day.

Back to the top

Re: Update on Sessa and Colley Injuries...

Update on Sessa and Colley Injuries...

Could be worse I guess.

I just shudder at any hit on the O-line depth.

It was thin anyway and now valuable practice time is lost.

But it happens to every team.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I'm just a little confused as to why we have to reload an entire offensive line. Didn't the 1's and 2's rotate drives/quarters for game time? Don't our 2's become our 1's and then you bring in the new 2's?

Back to the top

I think these guys have some game time but zero starts. let me know if I am wrong.

One of Howard's weaknesses in my opinion is he depends to heavily on his starters and does not get enough game time to the younger player, and this is especially true with the freshman. This shows in our 4th qtr. "struggles" and in our recruiting as well as most other Belt teams, let alone recruiting vs. the big boys.

ANY decent high school recruit wants to play right away, even at UF, but there they will accept their role better due to the quantity of talent there. If a top recruit signs with a Belt team, he expects playing time as a freshman at a minimum, if not to become a starter. Heck, look at how many walk-ons succede at FAU because those we are able to recruit are not that great. If a walk-on can play or start, a 4 or 5 star recruit better be able to! Every 3 star should be able to play as a freshman at FAU nd the 4 or 5 stars should start - right away! Until we can recruit that level of player regularly, we will not compete with UF, FSU. UM, USF or even UCF on the playing field.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Could be worse I guess.

Why did you have to say that?

Practice report is forthcoming, but wanted to get this one out there now…

Look on the other sideline #87, that is the third string C Ryan Houston on crutches…

Back to the top

The O-line was not rotated at all last year - that is the problem and has been. Last year they played hurt players over gaining game experience knowing full well they were graduating the entire line. The O Line is the least rotated of any position on the team. The coaches created this situation we have this year
Back to the top
Control functions: