Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is the rumor true that FAU spent 200K marketing the FAU-MSU game in Det?

Someone texted me but did not provide a link to a source but they are FAU alum; just wondering. That is alot of marketing $ for game not in your stadium.
Back to the top

Re: Is the rumor true that FAU spent 200K marketing the FAU-MSU game in Det?

If true its that's not really that much in the grand scheme they will probably make 10X that.
Back to the top

It's true…had to have some way to pay for nine of these in the Detroit Metro Area…

Back to the top

Rick said

It's true…had to have some way to pay for nine of these in the Detroit Metro Area…

Is that FAUs entire Marketing budget? I am told if not all it is 90% of budget for the year.
Back to the top

But it can be replaced with even just a decent turn-out in Detroit, not even a sell-out, just 30-40K. 50,000+ would be heaven to FAU!
Back to the top

Thanks, I googled FAU vs MSU sales and it seems only 7K tickets have been sold?  Then I clicked on another link and found this discussion on MSU board.  It seems FAU might be asking for too much per ticket since Detroit economy is in the toilet. I am sure they can market cheaper prices but its less then a mth till the game. It seems at least one owl fan has found this discussion but in case other have not found here is the link

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/msu-red-cedar-message-board/456627-fau-spends-its-whole-ad-budget-detroit.html
Back to the top

Is the rumor true that FAU spent 200K marketing the FAU-MSU game in Det?

Found it?

I started it.

;D

I like the MSU boards, most are decent.

I didnt anticipate it turing into a 8 page thread about thier fan base. i just wondered how they thought about us advertising the game up there and how it would affect sales.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Found it?

I started it.

;D

I like the MSU boards, most are decent.

I didnt anticipate it turing into a 8 page thread about thier fan base. i just wondered how they thought about us advertising the game up there and how it would affect sales.

I think most of their fans that commented are missing the point of the target market for this game.  They are saying most students and regular MSU fans won't pay the money and drive to Detroit for the game.  That's not the intention.  The target market is all the MSU alumni in the Detroit area that normally would not get the opportunity to see MSU play.  If we wanted MSU students and regular MSU fans to attend we could have simply played the game at MSU's stadium.
Back to the top

MSU fan sums it up: "Sorry, this game is useless, expensive and no one wants to spend the money in a tough economy to see it."

It's disheartening to hear that FAU spent such a huge chunk of money on advertising this game up in Detroit. But hey, at least we now know we have a marketing budget… because other than the I-95 billboard, I have NO idea what we do with our marketing budget.

Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

FAU ramping up efforts to sell tickets for Michigan State game in Detroit

www.essency.net
Back to the top
Control functions: