Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Isiah Thomas' top recruit to miss first semester

I am shocked. NOT.

Isiah Thomas’ top recruit will miss the first semester.

According to multiple sources, Dominique Ferguson – a consensus Top 100 player who signed with Florida International last year – will sit out the first semester due to academics.

FOX Sports on MSN l Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Videos and Fantasy Games

Back to the top

Re: Isiah Thomas' top recruit to miss first semester

He'll still be around when they play us…….
Back to the top

Rick said

True, but our guys are getting a head start on everyone and are playing ball right now. The more games they play together the better their chemistry will be. By that point in the season I don't care if he's top 100 or top 5, he can't do it alone against such a talented team that for the most part has been working together for 2 seasons now

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Rick said

True, but our guys are getting a head start on everyone and are playing ball right now. The more games they play together the better their chemistry will be. By that point in the season I don't care if he's top 100 or top 5, he can't do it alone against such a talented team that for the most part has been working together for 2 seasons now

I agree…barring injury we will dominate them this season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick said

That is if he turns it around, and that is a big IF.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Isiah Thomas' top recruit to miss first semester

This is exactly why I have been saying: I will believe it when I see it.

For a Top 100 recruit to pick FIU (or even FAU for that matter), there has to be some baggage.

That's why teams like us need to find the hidden gems that can be developed and turned into great players.  We are not going to recruit the next Magic Johnson if the talent is already out there for everyone to see.  I believe Jarvis understands this.  Not sure Isiah will.  That will end up being the difference between the programs IMO.  They will get the bragging rights for recruiting.  They can have it as long as our product on the court is better.
Back to the top

Now another of thier recruits is not showing up.

FIU recruits Dominique Ferguson, Phil Taylor out for fall | FIU Panthers Prowl

Maybe Ferguson eventually qaulifies, but we've seen this with Carlos Monroe.  It'll likely be a constant struggle to keep him on the court….if he ever steps foot on their campus in the first place.
Back to the top

fauowl said

This is exactly why I have been saying: I will believe it when I see it.

For a Top 100 recruit to pick FIU (or even FAU for that matter), there has to be some baggage.

That's why teams like us need to find the hidden gems that can be developed and turned into great players.  We are not going to recruit the next Magic Johnson if the talent is already out there for everyone to see.  I believe Jarvis understands this.  Not sure Isiah will.  That will end up being the difference between the programs IMO.  They will get the bragging rights for recruiting.  They can have it as long as our product on the court is better.

This is what I was talking about…

Former Illinois transfer (to FIU) player Alex Legion has been dismissed by the team.  He played less than 2 months at FIU…
Back to the top
Control functions: