Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU Dwight Dasher under Police investigation...

The promising MTSU season might of just gotten a LOT harder.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20100820/BLUE...estigation

MTSU star quarterback Dwight Dasher is the focus of an “ongoing inquiry” by university officials and the subject of an MTSU Police investigation, according to an incident report on file with campus police.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: MTSU Dwight Dasher under Police investigation...

MTSU Dwight Dasher under Police investigation...

Above link not working…

Article Here

Like this reader's comment…

"The investigation needs to be taken outside the scope of the MTSU Police and the athletic department immediately, and turned over the the DA's office. The foxes can not be guarding the henhouse."
Back to the top

Rick said

Above link not working…

Article Here

Like this reader's comment…

"The investigation needs to be taken outside the scope of the MTSU Police and the athletic department immediately, and turned over the the DA's office. The foxes can not be guarding the henhouse."

Wouldn't it be the Hen's guarding the henhouse in that case?
Back to the top

Good point on the hen's….

Very strange situation going on up there, not repaying money being illegal??? Don't know about that, but just getting the loan, NCAA may look into that one as a "normal" student may not be helped in the same way, especially by a relative stranger.

At the minimum. it has to be a distraction.

I also don't buy into MTSU being so great this year. They did lose a lot of talent, especially on the D, AND lost BOTH the OC and DC. In my opinion, the D held them in many games last year (see FAU) and losing Diaz WILL hurt them much more than has been written about.

If they loses Dasher too….watch out below. Maybe Stockstill shoud have taken the EC job when he had the chance. If the MTSU season holds to current expectations, he will get a real good job next year!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Good point on the hen's….

Very strange situation going on up there, not repaying money being illegal??? Don't know about that, but just getting the loan, NCAA may look into that one as a "normal" student may not be helped in the same way, especially by a relative stranger.

I think the insinuation is that it was not a "loan" and that he may be getting illegal benefits or he someone tricked the old guy into giving him the money. Either way it is very strange.

How many "relative strangers" are going to hand over large sums of money to someone they don't really know?

I would like to know where the conversation even starts and how he gets a large sum of money from someone while hanging out the VA hospital.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think I read something about Mel Kiper predicting Dasher as a high draft pick for 2011. If he gets kicked off the Blue Raiders this season, we're talking undrafted free agent. This could be a multi-million dollar mistake.
Back to the top

Latest update via Adam Sparks @ www.dnj.com:

“This is not a distraction within the team. I can promise you that,” Stockstill said. “We have good senior leadership in there, and I’ve talked to the seniors about it. And not only that, but I’ve talked to the underclassmen about it. I’m not concerned about a ‘woe is me’ (attitude) or guys getting down or losing any leadership we have on this team."

“To me, any time you have a situation with one of your players, it’s never good timing. The timing is not very good, but we have to deal with it. … We’re looking into everything and I’m hopeful that we will have a conclusion to everything pretty soon.”

Link

Back to the top

MTSU QB Dasher suspended

Dwight Dasher has been suspaned by MTSU for his bizzare loans and his gambling. Hving seen this this coming for about about a week, I hope for their sake MTSU were really preparing the no. 2 qb and the offense for lift without Mr. Dasher. The NCAA REALLY frown on loans of this nature and ANY GAMBLING! He may get off or he may be finished as a Blue Raider and maybe even has pissed his NFL future away too!
Back to the top

Has been declared ineligible by MTSU:

"While there are a lot of sides to the story involving student-athlete Dwight Dasher, all parties agree that there was a $1,500 loan. Therefore, due to a violation of the NCAA amateurism legislation, we are declaring Dwight Dasher ineligible for competition but will be seeking his reinstatement. While we are seeking reinstatement, Dasher will be allowed to practice. It is anticipated that Dasher will miss some competition."

Tennessean Story
Back to the top

A 30% (3.6 games) reduction in schedule would mean him siting out the first three full games and not playing until sometime in the second half of the fourth game. That means missing Minnesota, Austin Peay and @ Memphis and not playing the first half @ L-Lafayette. He could be back for the Troy and ga. tech games, dangerous in my opinion as he will be rusty, lacking game time and could easily get hurt.

What a freaking idiot to endanger not only his own season but the teams as well AND his future with the NFL. Get drafted, not likely now!
Back to the top
Control functions: