Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Have a good feeling about this year...

After following FAU football for the past ten years, I feel like this year is going to be a lot better then we expect. It seems that every year we go in thinking great things, we underachieve. On the contrary, when we are not expecting a lot, we pull out decent seasons. All I have read is mostly doom and gloom about our defense and offensive line. I am going to make my fearless prediction... we have a winning season and go bowling again this year. We must remember..... we are in the sunbelt, and we can take any team in our conference on any given saturday with our talent. This is going to be a hungry team after last year...I think they are going to have heart and make a run at the sun belt title.
Back to the top

Re: Have a good feeling about this year...

100% agree, great post! GO OWLS!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Have a good feeling about this year...

x2 fellas! There are some disbelievers out there but I fee really good about this year as well. So much so, I'm going to Birmingham next week to witness our first win of the season!
Back to the top

Even if we have a winning season overall, don't you guys think we stumble out of the gate like usual to go 1-4, 0-5 etc?
Back to the top

Nope I see 2-3 at worst and hopefully 3-2!
Back to the top

The year we went to the New Orlean's Bowl, the Offense did not look too good at FanFest. Got the same vibe this year. If BOTH the Offense and Defense play well this year we are going to the NO BOWL in 2010!!
The seniors are hungry and want to re-vist New Orleans !! I AM confident.

GO OWLS and the class of 2010 !!
Back to the top

Coach says if we can score 3-4 times per game we will be in a good spot…

That appears a tall order right now.

But it also shows that he has more confidence in the defense going into the season over last year's. If they can eliminate the "big plays" that killed us last year by other team's offense's, we should be OK.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Even if we have a winning season overall, don't you guys think we stumble out of the gate like usual to go 1-4, 0-5 etc?

I think we go 2-1 to start the season off…I'd love to see a great showing against USF, we shall see. First year HC, hopefully it effects them but I won't go betting my rent money on that one.

I'm really excited about seeing our D keep opponents to less than 40 points every game!
Back to the top

The speculation ends in 11 days.  We will see where we stand.  I have said it will be a rough year, but I do like how the more difficult SunBelt games are at the end of the year so by then, the OL will have had nearly a year to work together.  That could be a key factor.

The Mich St game early in the year has the potential to be a train wreck, but could be good for the team to know what they need to work on to prepare for SunBelt competition.  For all the injuries and inexperience, at least the schedule is about as good as it has been for that situation.
Back to the top

In 11 day's the feel good story,of the much malinged of 09. Who will not be content; until they "go bowling again in twenty ten", will begin! They have a good feeling about this season also. So do I , so do I
Let's all pray for there health and safety, my friends.
Back to the top
Control functions: