Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3rd Annual Fall Bonfire Lights up the Night at FAU’s Boca Campus

Aside from some ill-timed sprinklers coming on during pre-event festivities, the 3rd Annual Fall Bonfire went off without a hitch.

“Looks like we’re having a great time”, said organizer Mike Burdman, a Graduate Assistant with FAU Alumni Relations.

The event preludes the start of the 2010 football season which begins next Thursday when FAU will travel to Birmingham, AL to take on the UAB Blazers.

Last year there was a slight struggle to get the heap going after initial attempts fizzled, but not this time around.

The evening got underway just prior to 7:00 p.m. with a number of groups showing up to tailgate, and fellowship.

Shortly after 8:00 p.m. the Blazer mascot was trucked in by members of the ATO fraternity, who hand crafted the main course for the fire, and wedged it between 240+ pallets of wood and other donated items.

on hand for the lighting honors were FAU President Saunders, Coach Schnellenberger, Student Body President Ayden Maher, and FAU QB Jeff Van Camp and LB Michael Lockley.

once going, members of the 2010 Florida Atlantic football team lined the front row of the observation area with other students and staff to enjoy the spirited atmosphere created by the burning mass.

“It’s the biggest fire of my life, I love it”, said senior Michael Lockley. “Just gotta’ go out there and play good now.”

Here’s a video highlighting some of the moments from the event:

Back to the top

Re: 3rd Annual Fall Bonfire Lights up the Night at FAU’s Boca Campus

3rd Annual Fall Bonfire Lights up the Night at FAU’s Boca Campus

Rick,
There's an error in the video. It says "stream not found." FYI

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: 3rd Annual Fall Bonfire Lights up the Night at FAU’s Boca Campus

Thanks Rick, can you view it on the main page?
Back to the top
Control functions: