Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Band Update?

Band Update?

I know we used to have several members from the Band post but havent heard anything this year.

Hows the bad looking? Did operation 100 ever get reached?

On a side note FIU does have its band back, they are going with Khaki pants, Tropical shirts and Straw Hats (sound familiar?) untill they get new uniforms.

Thier new band director has thrown out the name (The Band of the Sun) and will be redesiging thier image.

It aint college football without the band playing!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Band Update?

Well all the people who post here are now alums of the band but we all have friends in the group and most of have seen them. I think we are about the same size, close to 100 but not quite. I think its a solid group though. I feel like every year we get more quality and dedicated members. So even though the band doesn't grow in numbers, they grow in quality!
Back to the top

Sweet!

Good to hear FAUfaho.

Gotta recruit some of those folks to post here and keep us in the loop.  ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

keep playing that funky music! ::)
Back to the top

FAUfasho, FAUTuba and myself are all marching owl alum now. FAUTuba has been to some practices and said they are sounding better and better each day. I dont think they reached the 100 mark but will give you some great entertainment during the games!

Im actually looking forward to tailgating. Never done that at a home game before!  ;)

Go Owls!

AEA
Back to the top

As an alumni of the marching band, how do you feel about changing the uniforms to something tropical like Hawaiian shirts and straw hats?  I hurt Ted talking about that a lot on his blog.
Back to the top

They had that before and decided to go the traditional route with the new director...
Back to the top

I kind of liked that look for our "south florida" theme but at the time we were doing it, there were 25 band members so it just looked pathetic. Now that FIU is doing the hawaiian shirts I don't know how I feel about it anymore. whatever we do from an outfit standpoint is fine with me, just don't lose that director, the guy is awesome! Great music choices, I don't think one person can complain about what we put out during the season, you get a little of everything.

Congrats to you guys/gals on graduating…"You know you've been visiting the Owls Nest for a long time when you witness people go from Freshman poster to college grad"
Back to the top

Actually I have not graduated yet but I will in Spring. It's weird not being in marching band for the first time in 9 years but it was a GREAT experience and gave me a GREAT Fraternity (coed) to be a part of.

FAUTuba is going to be in the brand new Miami Dolphins Pep Band this year along with some other FAU band students, FIU students and music professionals.

I LOVE our uniforms! I am against the Hawaiian shirts. I think it would be an ok look maybe for a pep band type of thing, but all other college marching bands wouldn't take us seriously if we didn't have traditional uniforms in my opinion. Our uniforms are classic and simple with just our colors and our logo on the chest.

Dr. Murray (our band director) is very cool and always asks our input for different show ideas over the summer and beginning of band. I believe they are doing a country show for the first home game. Be on the look out for some new music including a victory song.

AEA
Back to the top

DMarkey, you need to figure out a way to STAY INVOLVED somehow ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: