Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Count down to kick off! what's your take on Fau football this Season.

I think we have an improved D, Thanks to a new approach to strength and conditioning and coaching

ideas. The d line has plenty of weapons up front and plenty ammunition to call upon. The linebacking group

is much improved, and they have depth also. The secondary seem to have made the greatest strides,

just nudging out the linebacking corp, for that honor.

Our O has some problems up front however we can overcome that by staying healthy. Our # 2 center is

back and we have plenty of reserves no thanks to the injury plagued spot. The skilled positions are

talented veteran's Ie; quarterback, runningbacks. Our tightend position, is solid, nothing to worry about

there. The wide receiver slot is emerging as one of the best with to Wiley veteran's and some good

looking newcomers. Overall we look much better than last year. Even our special team,which got a lot

more attention, this go around. I'm with the D LEADER'S " We go bowling again in twenty ten".

Back to the top

Re: Count down to kick off! what's your take on Fau football this Season.

burrowing said

Even our special team,which got a lot more attention, this go around.

This, IMO will be a key investment…

Last year we had no return game with a TE returning kicks at the end of the season.

This year we have JB and Willie to bring it back…one fo the reasons we won half the games we won in 2008 was due to that of field position…this, coupled with all of the time they are spending on ST work, will equate to some games tilting our way…
Back to the top

Count down to kick off! what's your take on Fau football this Season.

The Owls will be better than we have a right to expect, and certainly better than a lot of others expect. The defense had talent last year but was muted by coaching; the defense has talent and more experience this year and is being properly coached. The QB, RB, FB, TE and WR positions are solid (and improving). The O-Line will demonstrate early whether Van Camp needs to take out extra health insurance; my guess is that these guys will be better the second half of the season than the first half. The special teams appear to be getting more attention; this is vital. The punting and kicking seem to be above average. The players are, as best I know, of generally good character. If they believe in themselves and their coaches (and stay healthy), they can surprise the experts (and I believe they will). If not, watch for chaos – and haul out those 'Next Year' banners.
Back to the top

:)ONLY TWO DAY'S BEFORE WE BEGIN THE JOURNEY: "TO GO BOWLING AGAIN IN TWENTY TEN". ::) 8) :'(
Back to the top

Allow no "records" for the opposing team and we will be good to go.
Back to the top

burrowing said

:)ONLY TWO DAY'S BEFORE WE BEGIN THE JOURNEY: "TO GO BOWLING AGAIN IN TWENTY TEN". ::) 8) :'(

ummmm, according to this you are not bowling in 2010……

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections - Preseason - ESPN
Back to the top

Aqualung said

burrowing said

ummmm, according to this you are not bowling in 2010……

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections - Preseason - ESPN

OK that's also based on every conference having enough teams to qualify which it never does. What if the starting QB from one of these teams suffers a season ending injury? Any number of things can happen, it's a long season my friend. No one expected us to do anything in '07 or '08 so we'll see what happens come December

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

How true, just look at MTSU! Already lost Dasher for 4 games and maybe forever and they still list them tops in the Belt. I think (and I beleive Coack Stockstill would agree with me) that they are overrated, with talent losses (especially on the D and now the qb AND with new OC AND DC too! Just too many changes AND having the target on their backs too! If they succedd, more power to them, but it is a lot to overcome for a non-major conference team.

And who know what will happen with NC?????????????????
Back to the top

Aqualung, how many times does the prognosticators and pundits prediction hold up,100% in a seasons? I again,conferred with Van V's killer D and they stated,"WE WILL GO BOWLING AGAIN IN TWENTY TEN' BELIEVED THAT"! 8) 8)  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I do believe, they are correct in this matter sir.
Back to the top

We will pull off the unexpected upset this year. JVC and Morris will garner attention. Our success will be attributed to our much improved D. And we will go bowling again in 2010.  ;D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: