Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chris Simms Rates His Chances as 50/50

Quarterback Chris Simms sat out Saturday’s preseason game at Carolina, but will get a chance to play Thursday in the preseason finale against the Saints.

Will it be his last chance with the Titans? Or is it too late for him to potentially change the minds of coaches? The Titans have to trim their roster to 53 players by Saturday.

"I think decisions have been made probably on 99 percent of the team already," Simms said Tuesday. "There’s maybe one or two guys that can change an opinion, whether it’s my position or not, I don’t know, nor do I care. It is just about going out and doing my best and working on my craft."

Kerry Collins has played well enough to secure the backup job. Sixth-round pick Rusty Smith has had a solid camp as well.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Chris Simms Rates His Chances as 50/50

Jab979 said

Quarterback Chris Simms sat out Saturday’s preseason game at Carolina, but will get a chance to play Thursday in the preseason finale against the Saints.

Will it be his last chance with the Titans? Or is it too late for him to potentially change the minds of coaches? The Titans have to trim their roster to 53 players by Saturday.

"I think decisions have been made probably on 99 percent of the team already," Simms said Tuesday. "There’s maybe one or two guys that can change an opinion, whether it’s my position or not, I don’t know, nor do I care. It is just about going out and doing my best and working on my craft."

Kerry Collins has played well enough to secure the backup job. Sixth-round pick Rusty Smith has had a solid camp as well.

Full Story
After his play in Denver last yr I find it hard to believe he can make the team but if by some chance he did rusty would go on the practice squad until another team picks him up…but if I was a betting man…Rusty in, Simms out
Back to the top

"Nor do I care" ?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Chris Simms Rates His Chances as 50/50

Sounds like a guy that sees the writing on the wall already and is trying to protect his ego a bit
Back to the top
Control functions: