Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Defense

Great win last night. Very happy.

I wasn't able to listen to most of the game, about the last 22 minutes of play, had a work dinner.

For anyone who did listen, what happened to the defense? I was shocked to see such a high scoring game. I thought this line was going to be solid this year. 31 points to UAB ain't going to cut it.

Are we in for another long season?
Back to the top

Re: Defense

Exit39 said

I wasn't able to listen to most of the game, about the last 22 minutes of play, had a work dinner.

For anyone who did listen, what happened to the defense? I was shocked to see such a high scoring game. I thought this line was going to be solid this year. 31 points to UAB ain't going to cut it.

Are we in for another long season?

IMHO,

The simplified Defenseive schemes HAVE worked, They are allowing the D to release and play agrresiviely.

The problem is that after adjustments those simple schemes will be exploited by specific play calling. Hence why the D did pretty good in the 1st half and then not so well in the 2nd.

The will continue to improve and as they get comfortable with the primary package Van can work in a few other schemes.

They kept us in the game and got us points. Cant ask for much more from a D that was ranked 112th last year.

They HAVE improved.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

There should be a rule that unless you watch/listen to the ENTIRE game, you are not allowed to post a comment.  Both the offense AND defense played a GREAT game after getting the kinks worked out in the first half.  As this was not a game we were projected by most to win, let's sit back and enjoy the WIN!

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

again, i didn't get to listen to most of the game, i was just surprised they let up 31 points. Jean ain't going to have games like that all season.

one guy i was kinda bummed who didn't do much was stinson. i want to see that guy run over some people.
Back to the top

oh yeah, there should be a rule?
Back to the top

After a shaky start, I thought everyone pulled together, got on the same page, and played excellent from behind. Let's remember that a lot of those players started their first game and may have not played together very much. Great job Owls! I can't wait for next week. A strong showing at MSU will help us continue to build confidence.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Defense

Geeze!  Lighten up!  Sorry if I offended you.  I'm just another FAU Owls football faithful who takes pride in a win, pretty or ugly.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

There's some great footage of the big plays from last night's game on various sites… here's a video of Lockley's big block last night from the local Bama paper so at least you can relive the last 5 seconds!

Back to the top

FAUgoowls said

There should be a rule that unless you watch/listen to the ENTIRE game, you are not allowed to post a comment.  Both the offense AND defense played a GREAT game after getting the kinks worked out in the first half.  As this was not a game we were projected by most to win, let's sit back and enjoy the WIN!

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First post ever and already pushing for new rules. Maybe there should be a rule that if you haven't posted at least 100 times you cannot suggest the implementation of a new rule  ;)

Seriously, I think the rush defense needs to improve. The QB for UAB set a school record with his 200+ yards. The SBC has a good number of mobile QBs which could be a problem for the defense. There is still time for adjustments and we are 1-0 so that is all that matters for now.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

First post ever and already pushing for new rules. Maybe there should be a rule that if you haven't posted at least 100 times you cannot suggest the implementation of a new rule  ;)

Now that's a rule I can get behind. But the new guy was just excited about his team and the unexpected victory so I don't want to give him too hard of a time.

Welcome FAUgoowls.
Back to the top
Control functions: