Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Our Special teams are indeed Special!

OK before chastise the Special Teams they did an EXCELLENT job in blocking that kick to win us the game! Now onto more important things…

For cryin out loud why in the heck is Tavious Polo returning kicks AGAIN? I don't know who's in charge of special teams but this just in HE'S NOT THAT GOOD! I honestly don't think he knows what a fair catch is. 2x last night he let the ball bounce and he either jumped in the air to get it surrounded by a bunch of UAB players or he ran up to get it.

I was yelling at the video feed "LET IT GO BY YOU"! If he just lets it roll into the end zone we have better field position than when he jumps in the air like an idiot to try and catch a kick. At one point on the feeds the announcer says "FAU's excellent return man Tavious Polo" umm I'm not sure what games you've seen but he's the furthest thing from excellent as a return man. Excellent for Polo would be actually gaining positive yards.

Also I don't want to put blame on Gornall for the 2 missed XP's. I'm sure it's partially his fault but you can't blame the kicker when no one blocks for you. This has been a problem for 3 seasons now. Even Warley couldn't kick FG's and XP's. I don't get why they just keep practicing ST's over and over and over until these guys get it. Their lack of attention to ST's has shown for 3 years now. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us like it did vs. Wyoming and USF

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Our Special teams are indeed Special!

Jab979 said

OK before chastise the Special Teams they did an EXCELLENT job in blocking that kick to win us the game! Now onto more important things…

For cryin out loud why in the heck is Tavious Polo returning kicks AGAIN? I don't know who's in charge of special teams but this just in HE'S NOT THAT GOOD! I honestly don't think he knows what a fair catch is. 2x last night he let the ball bounce and he either jumped in the air to get it surrounded by a bunch of UAB players or he ran up to get it.

I was yelling at the video feed "LET IT GO BY YOU"! If he just lets it roll into the end zone we have better field position than when he jumps in the air like an idiot to try and catch a kick. At one point on the feeds the announcer says "FAU's excellent return man Tavious Polo" umm I'm not sure what games you've seen but he's the furthest thing from excellent as a return man. Excellent for Polo would be actually gaining positive yards.

Also I don't want to put blame on Gornall for the 2 missed XP's. I'm sure it's partially his fault but you can't blame the kicker when no one blocks for you. This has been a problem for 3 seasons now. Even Warley couldn't kick FG's and XP's. I don't get why they just keep practicing ST's over and over and over until these guys get it. Their lack of attention to ST's has shown for 3 years now. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us like it did vs. Wyoming and USF

I agree–the extra points are inexcusable and will haunt us throughout the season if we do not correct this yesterday.  There is no excuse for missed extra points, let alone two in one game ???
Back to the top

If our special teams just improve, I guarantee that it will cost us at least one game this year, just like it cost us MTSU last year. Sadly, I don't think its going to happen and we'll have to hold our breath every PAT and punt return
Back to the top

Not getting decent field advantage is the #1 thing hurting this team. Jason Harmon was the best returner I have seen in the past 5 years. We need power and speed. We have NO ONE on this team that can do this ? TEACH SOMEONE !!!!
Back to the top

Our Special teams are indeed Special!

C'mon, this is a college team with how many rb's, wr's and db's who I would think must have returned ko's and punts in HS. Try them all out every year!
Go Owls, great win!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

C'mon, this is a college team with how many rb's, wr's and db's who I would think must have returned ko's and punts in HS. Try them all out every year!
Go Owls, great win!!!

Totally agree. They will definately have to do it soon…Polo will be gone next year.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

Jason Harmon was the best returner I have seen in the past 5 years. We need power and speed. We have NO ONE on this team that can do this ? TEACH SOMEONE !!!!

The best returner the school has ever had in my opinion was DiVory Edgecomb. Look at what he did vs. Memphis. Just on kick returns alone he was able to get the ball out to our 35 or even our 40. We haven't had anyone who could do that since.

I'm sure there are plenty of DB's and WR's who would love to return kicks. What about Keith Reaser?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: