Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Gearing up for the Spartans

Always nice to start the season with a win….great confidence booster.

The defense did show improvements from last year, yet we still allowed 370 rushing yards and a scrambling QB continues to gives us fits.  :-[

We will have to improve on third down conversion - only 3 of 12.

Michigan State is a much better team then the Blazers, so what will the Owls have to do to have a shot against the Spartans?
Back to the top

Re: Gearing up for the Spartans

Francois said

Always nice to start the season with a win….great confidence booster.

The defense did show improvements from last year, yet we still allowed 370 rushing yards and a scrambling QB continues to gives us fits.  :-[

We will have to improve on third down conversion - only 3 of 12.

Michigan State is a much better team then the Blazers, so what will the Owls have to do to have a shot against the Spartans?

Control the ball on offense and limit the big plays on defense. MSU has the explosiveness at RB to make it a very long day for FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Well, establish the run early…Jean was 1 on 1 because UAB blitzed almost every play M-State won't do that and will still get pressure on the QB so the run is vital.

on Defense we gotta stop the run and get pressure on the QB
Back to the top

Stop the run, and have confidence in our dbs to cover. Contain, contain, contain. Let JVC and "Old School" do what they do. Don't get so amped to go to Jean right away. Be patient in the passing game. JVC has shown he can make it happen when the moment presents itself. O-line be stout!  :)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Michigan State finally has a sweet team for the first time since 99.  Our defense is still suspect with 2 below average safeties, but the DL has improved to average and the LBs are Greg Jonesish.

The offense was potent last year, but inconsistent because we couldn't run the ball, which is MSU's bread and butter.  The OL is improved enough to the point where MSU can legitimately control the TOP, but not quite as dominant as a Wisconsin or Ohio State OL.

Our FG kicker(s) are a question mark.  Great punter.  Great coach.  Spartans will win 8 games this year.

Good luck!

Back to the top

SpartyOn said

Michigan State finally has a sweet team for the first time since 99.  Our defense is still suspect with 2 below average safeties, but the DL has improved to average and the LBs are Greg Jonesish.

The offense was potent last year, but inconsistent because we couldn't run the ball, which is MSU's bread and butter.  The OL is improved enough to the point where MSU can legitimately control the TOP, but not quite as dominant as a Wisconsin or Ohio State OL.

Our FG kicker(s) are a question mark.  Great punter.  Great coach.  Spartans will win 8 games this year.

Good luck!

Good summation of what MSU brings to the game. I think line play will have a lot to do with this game. Can the FAU offensive line protect JVC and get a push for Morris and can the FAU defensive line slow the run of MSU?? We will find out on Saturday.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

What I'm hoping for is just a decent showing with no bonehead mistakes such as personal fouls and bad turnovers. I do think we get blasted like we usually do by BCS teams. Hopefully since we won't be playing against a mobile QB and more of a pro style offense, our D will play better.
Back to the top

Gearing up for the Spartans

NO INJURIES!!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Francois said

Start going to church! I don't see our O line being able to hang with MSU. I think we'll score some points but not as many as the other guys. Let's get out kftbis game healthy!
Back to the top

You gotta believe…and we all know what that makes us.

"The Party After"

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Just for fun. What can I tell ya, it was a rainy afternoon  ;D…Go Owl!
Back to the top
Control functions: