Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football is branching out in North Carolina!

I was rock climbing this weekend at Pilot Mountain, NC and during my hike back, I ran into someone with a FAU Football shirt.  This was a nice surprise being that I was spent and running into a fellow Alum boosted my energy!

PROUD TO BE AN OWL!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football is branching out in North Carolina!

Nice!  Always good to run into a fellow Alum.  That is one thing I like about a up and coming school, when you run into one of your own you get a real sense of pride.  Unlike other schools (Gators, Noles, and Canes)  were their crap is seen a dime a dozen.  ;D
Back to the top

FAU Football is branching out in North Carolina!

OWL4EVER said

I was rock climbing this weekend at Pilot Mountain, NC and during my hike back, I ran into someone with a FAU Football shirt.  This was a nice surprise being that I was spent and running into a fellow Alum boosted my energy!

PROUD TO BE AN OWL!

It wasn't me.

It is not surprising though, the amount of floridians here is ridiculous. But as for FAU, I have met or seen only a couple of people… more gator fans up here than any other florida school.
Back to the top

NCowl said

OWL4EVER said

I was rock climbing this weekend at Pilot Mountain, NC and during my hike back, I ran into someone with a FAU Football shirt.  This was a nice surprise being that I was spent and running into a fellow Alum boosted my energy!

PROUD TO BE AN OWL!

It wasn't me.

It is not surprising though, the amount of floridians here is ridiculous. But as for FAU, I have met or seen only a couple of people… more gator fans up here than any other florida school.

Yep–the majority of floridians I have met are living in Charlotte/Asheville/Western NC.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I was in Macon GA this summer and had my FAU football shirt on and met a girl who went FAU.  At first I was excited that I met a fellow alum, but then I remembered that she was taking my order at McDonald's.  :)

Disclaimer:( This post was not meant to offend any McDonald's employees, I love the work you do, especially the Southern Chicken sandwich and the holiest of all fast food sandwiches, the McRib).

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I was in Macon GA this summer and had my FAU football shirt on and met a girl who went FAU.  At first I was excited that I met a fellow alum, but then I remembered that she was taking my order at McDonald's.   :)

Disclaimer:( This post was not meant to offend any McDonald's employees, I love the work you do, especially the Southern Chicken sandwich and the holiest of all fast food sandwiches, the McRib).
haha I could go on and on about her being an alum working at McDonald's but hey at least we are branching out
Back to the top

owlmart said

duder said

I was in Macon GA this summer and had my FAU football shirt on and met a girl who went FAU.  At first I was excited that I met a fellow alum, but then I remembered that she was taking my order at McDonald's.   :)

haha I could go on and on about her being an alum working at McDonald's but hey at least we are branching out

I'm sure working at Mickey D's is no day in the park but hey at least they're not unemployed like a lot of other people.

Reminds me of a quote from the Drew Carey show "Oh you hate your job? There's a support group for that… It's called EVERYBODY, we meet at the bar" haha

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It's very difficult to find a job right now in many areas. I'm sure you can find graduates of many Florida universities at unexpected jobs right now.

I worked with a recent graduate holding a Master's from UF… at a $9/hr job.
Back to the top

You know you've reached rock bottom when you're living in Macon and working at Mcdonald's!
Back to the top
Control functions: