Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Preview: Michigan State vs Florida Atlantic

Coming off one of the most thrilling games in program history, a last second 32-31 victory at UAB, Florida Atlantic football welcomes week two of the 2010 season with a trip to Detroit in a match-up against Michigan State.

Led by true-freshman running back Le'Veon Bell, the Spartans cruised past Western Michigan in their season opener, winning 38-14 at home and racking up 486 yards of total offense. Bell rushed for 141 yards and two touchdowns in his first career game, and was complimented by another 117 yards and two more touchdowns from running back Edwin Baker.

However, Michigan State and its offense didn’t feature the team’s number one tailback Larry Caper against the Broncos, instead resting him with a right hand injury. Caper is expected to return against the Owls this Saturday, and should contribute to an already talented backfield.

“It puts them in a position, where they have a terrific problem with who to play, and how much to play each one of them,” Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger said of the Spartans backfield. “They have depth at every position and talent at every position.”

Full Preview
Back to the top

Re: Game Preview: Michigan State vs Florida Atlantic

Game Preview: Michigan State vs Florida Atlantic

I can't wait to see Morris knock Jones on his ass!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Jones had 9 tackles and a pass breakup. Hell Lockley had 8 tackles one for a loss and a field goal block. What about that statistical matchup. Don't underestimate D, my brother.
Back to the top

As kick off approaches my colon is in knots. Really hope they play well, because I think they can. 

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

As kick off approaches my colon is in knots. Really hope they play well, because I think they can.

I completely agree that our OWLS are capable of an upset.  I know that these are different teams, however the last time we played them we drove the ball into the red zone many times–we just didn't that advantage of our opportunities (in the driving rain).

If we play smart and create some turnovers, we can be on the highlight reel Saturday night on ESPN!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: