Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So, when is the new stadium supposed to be completed?

Not trying to stir up any trouble here.  I just thought I'd pop in our your board to get your thoughts on the game, but I also don't know very much about your program other than a few tidbits.  I know we're playing the game tomorrow in Detroit since your new stadium isn't ready yet, but when is the new expected completion date?  What is the capacity going to be?  Natural grass, turf, etc?

Sounds like your game last week was a real classic.  Any questions, I'd be happy to answer and any info on your team, I'd love to hear.  Good luck tomorrow!

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
Back to the top

Re: So, when is the new stadium supposed to be completed?

here is the latest in stadium renderings…

with more pics here:
http://fauowlsnest.com/board/index.php?topic=10091.0

30,000 seats
ground breaking mid October and should be ready for the 2011 season.

Back to the top

It looks great.  When I saw those first pictures without all the finished artwork I was like, "Are they really going to have a white field?" Haha.

So, is one end close in and the other end zone a standalone bleacher set up?  I don't think any of the pictures showed the other end.  It looks great though.

My guess for this weekend is that they end up selling somewhere between 35-40k tickets for the game.  The fact that they were at 25k a few days ago is a good sign.  I think it was a great idea by FAU to have the game in Detroit, but, as another MSU fan posted a few days ago, I think there are a lot of reasons didn't help ticket sales — MSU not leaving the state until Oct. 23rd is probably the biggest, but I think some people try to make a weekend out of seeing "road games" or they can only do a few a year.  Plus, they play at Michigan this year, so maybe some people would prefer to make the trip to Ann Arbor to watch a rivalry game instead.

I think MSU will get slated in the local media for not being able to sell out the stadium, but that's sorta par for the course with the Detroit press.

Either way, I hope the game ends up making some money for FAU.  Do you have any idea of whether or not they're getting a cut of the concessions revenue as well?

Back to the top

Jork, welcome to the forum!
Back to the top

Rick said

Jork, welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

Back to the top

So, when is the new stadium supposed to be completed?

This is the most updated shot, Jork:

Back to the top

and just for the sake of perspective…that blue stuff at the top of the first picture…is the Atlantic Ocean  :)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

and just for the sake of perspective…that blue stuff at the top of the first picture…is the Atlantic Ocean  :)

I love the campus in East Lansing, but being that close to ocean is pretty cool.  Approximately how far away is that?  Just eyeballing it, it looks like a mile tops.

Back to the top

I believe around 2 miles... from the stadium
Back to the top

That's still very cool.

Any word on how the new stadium has impacted season ticket sales?

Back to the top
Control functions: