Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schnellenberger Apologizes; Toilet Bowl Notes & Pics

Schnellenberger Apologizes; Toilet Bowl Notes & Pics

FAU football was back on the field today after yesterday’s loss to the Spartans for another spirited toilet bowl.

And, after taking some time to rehash yesterdays events, and in particular, late game calls, Coach Schnellenberger had some things to offer. First was an apology.

“I apologized to them for not giving them the opportunity to win the game”, began Schnellenberger. “I think it was important that I do that because, it was needed.”

“I was wrong in what I did, but it doesn’t take anything away from the great game we had up there with them”, he said.

And he even did some side by side comparisons to the Minnesota win back in 2007.

“I think the game borders on the game we won against Minnesota in the execution of our football team. This was a much better team that Minnesota was.”

Quick Hits

No injuries occurred during yesterday's game, something that has been a rarity for the program over the years, and everyone is expected to practice during the bye week.

Keith Reaser had the play of the day in the Toilet Bowl, intercepting a tipped Nick Bracewell pass and racing across the field into the end zone.

Defensive back Brentley Harstad took multiple snaps during the scrimmage at the safety position despite the action he saw on Saturday.
Running Back Mike Barasch made the most out of the touches he got Sunday afternoon, busting off multiple runs including a 30-yard scamper up the middle that got the offense in scoring position.

Statworthy

Marcus Bartels is currently listed as the number one tackler in the Sun Belt with 22.

The Owls are number one in pass efficiency amongst Sun Belt teams with a rating of 150.5.

Florida Atlantic will enjoy some extra time off this week with the bye in place.  In addition to the normal Monday off, Schnellenberger is giving the team Tuesday and Wednesday as well.  The squad will return to the Oxley fields 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
Back to the top

Re: Schnellenberger Apologizes; Toilet Bowl Notes

Some shots from today's "Toilet Bowl"…

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top