Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Non-conference games and the same story

Re: Non-conference games and the same story

FAUfasho said

If you mean open some eyes about how many yards B.J. Daniels is probably going to gain on the ground on us, then yes, it will open some eyes.

True. My roommate said BJ is a s*** passer (4 interceptions) but ran all over UF. Imagine what he'll do to us.
Back to the top

One of the main reasons why we won the UAB game was the half time adjustments made by Van V…our "speed d" came in with Safety/DBs playing as OLBs and we were able to slow down the running attack by UABs QB. He's very much in the model of Daniels, couldn't hit a guy 8 yards out but could tuck and run all day.

That offense gives us fits, but I think we're on the way to managing it better. N. Tex is a great warm up for the USF game too, similar style, great runner out of the backfield.
Back to the top

One of the main reasons why we won the UAB game was the half time adjustments made by Van V…our "speed d" came in with Safety/DBs playing as OLBs and we were able to slow down the running attack by UABs QB. He's very much in the model of Daniels, couldn't hit a guy 8 yards out but could tuck and run all day.

That offense gives us fits, but I think we're on the way to managing it better. N. Tex is a great warm up for the USF game too, similar style, great runner out of the backfield.
Back to the top

Non-conference games and the same story

When Jean scored that TD that didn't get added to the scoreboard there was over 5 minutes left in the game…we did not need an onside kick.  I dont think tying the game would have been considered a miracle.

Some of the accountability has to go to the players too though.  He is a great player so dont get me wrong but JVC's fumble (just let the ball flop out of his hand in the 4th quarter as a senior  :'() in the middle of that great drive we had going on their 30 was a huge mistake…if we would have scored on that drive it would have been an entirely different football game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

When Jean scored that TD that didn't get added to the scoreboard there was over 5 minutes left in the game…we did not need an onside kick.  I dont think tying the game would have been considered a miracle.

Some of the accountability has to go to the players too though.  He is a great player so dont get me wrong but JVC's fumble (just let the ball flop out of his hand in the 4th quarter as a senior  :'() in the middle of that great drive we had going on their 30 was a huge mistake…if we would have scored on that drive it would have been an entirely different football game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: