Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

qu's

i was in Europe for a week so i missed all this. A couple of qu's?

1. any specific reason HS didn't go for it? i just don't see the difference of having those 3 points or not.
2. did fau make any money on this game? it seems like a total bust with only 32k in the stands. I'm sure Lockhart would've had 18k. don't know if the 14k difference with all the cost and marketing was really worth it. Plus the concessions.
3. who is looking good and who isn't?
Back to the top

qu's

i was in Europe for a week so i missed all this. A couple of qu's?

1. any specific reason HS didn't go for it? i just don't see the difference of having those 3 points or not.
2. did fau make any money on this game? it seems like a total bust with only 32k in the stands. I'm sure Lockhart would've had 18k. don't know if the 14k difference with all the cost and marketing was really worth it. Plus the concessions.
Back to the top

Re: qu's

Exit39 said

1. Coach initially thought he was making the right call with the FG, but later apologized and admitted he was wrong.
  2. Don't know how much exactly FAU made, but I'm sure we made a profit.
  3. Lester Jean is looking phenominal, as he is the 6th leading receiver in the nation. JVC isn't too shabby as well!
Back to the top

Exit39 said

1. Coach initially thought he was making the right call with the FG, but later apologized and admitted he was wrong.
  2. Don't know how much exactly FAU made, but I'm sure we made a profit.
  3. Lester Jean is looking phenominal, as he is the 6th leading receiver in the nation. JVC isn't too shabby as well!
Back to the top

qu's

Can't really speak for #1 or #2, but as for who looked good:
1.  o-line is really coming together.  Could be a good unit, especially in conf. play
2.  Van Camp looks solid.  I don't really see a drop off from Rusty. I don't know if he is the leader Rusty was, but looks like a solid D1 QB
3.  Housler is the surprise for me from the MSU game.  Great hands, YAC, and good blocking
4.  Corey Henry had a sack.  Didn't see him on the field a ton though
5.  Defense as a whole really looks improved.  Aside from the 2 big plays (1 run and 1 pass), they were very competitive.  Big plays always kill us….need to really limit them
6.  Punt Team.  Went to a rugby style punt and actually had some decent punts (aside from 2 illegal shift penalties)

I am sure I am leaving someone off, but those were some of my observations.
Back to the top

Can't really speak for #1 or #2, but as for who looked good:
1.  o-line is really coming together.  Could be a good unit, especially in conf. play
2.  Van Camp looks solid.  I don't really see a drop off from Rusty. I don't know if he is the leader Rusty was, but looks like a solid D1 QB
3.  Housler is the surprise for me from the MSU game.  Great hands, YAC, and good blocking
4.  Corey Henry had a sack.  Didn't see him on the field a ton though
5.  Defense as a whole really looks improved.  Aside from the 2 big plays (1 run and 1 pass), they were very competitive.  Big plays always kill us….need to really limit them
6.  Punt Team.  Went to a rugby style punt and actually had some decent punts (aside from 2 illegal shift penalties)

I am sure I am leaving someone off, but those were some of my observations.
Back to the top

Yeah, the Oline did look pretty good.

Housler had a great game…I am happy he shut most people on this board up.

Van Camp has played well all season.  We even had some really long drives vs a good defense.  He had a weird mishap where he fumbled the ball untouched on a pivotal drive.  But the rest of his play makes up for that sort of thing.

Secondary looks good aside from Polo.  IMO, Polo should be on the bench.  He doesn't tackle and he doesn't defend the pass well.  He let a huge TD happen on 3 & 14 because he didn't defend the man in the back on the end zone.  He has been killing me all season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yeah, the Oline did look pretty good.

Housler had a great game…I am happy he shut most people on this board up.

Van Camp has played well all season.  We even had some really long drives vs a good defense.  He had a weird mishap where he fumbled the ball untouched on a pivotal drive.  But the rest of his play makes up for that sort of thing.

Secondary looks good aside from Polo.  IMO, Polo should be on the bench.  He doesn't tackle and he doesn't defend the pass well.  He let a huge TD happen on 3 & 14 because he didn't defend the man in the back on the end zone.  He has been killing me all season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I assume that was directed at me Walty  ;D Housler won me over this weekend. He finally…FINALLY showed he has hands and made some awesome plays. Hopefully with a performance like he had, we'll start going his way a lot, with him and Jean, we've got two awesome options for JVC. "Handsome Rob" is legit.

JVC keeps this play up and we'll have two QBs drafted back to back. He's looking great out there, has all of the tools that Rusty had and he's a little more moblie. Great game against MSU.

Brantley Harsted is the hardest hitting guy on our D…the kid is ruthless. I want to see more of him out there, bench Polo but in him or Reaser.
Back to the top

I assume that was directed at me Walty  ;D Housler won me over this weekend. He finally…FINALLY showed he has hands and made some awesome plays. Hopefully with a performance like he had, we'll start going his way a lot, with him and Jean, we've got two awesome options for JVC. "Handsome Rob" is legit.

JVC keeps this play up and we'll have two QBs drafted back to back. He's looking great out there, has all of the tools that Rusty had and he's a little more moblie. Great game against MSU.

Brantley Harsted is the hardest hitting guy on our D…the kid is ruthless. I want to see more of him out there, bench Polo but in him or Reaser.
Back to the top
Control functions: