Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Taking a step back and looking at the big picture....

In all honesty, if you were to ask me what our record was going to be after these first two games, I would have said 0-2. Did I believe we were going to come back against UAB? No, but I was proven wrong. I havent seen that from our team in a while. If you would have asked me if we were going to be competitive against MSU, I would have said probably not, but I thought we hung in there with them. I think were ok. I know our ship took a big hit, but lets make the necessary repairs and keep sailing. Howard's decisions might have dinged the teams trust in him a little, but it did not cost us the game or the season.

In 2 weeks we need to get a win at home and get our mojo back. South Florida is going to be a big game for us. It puts us at 3-1 and give us a quality OOC win for the bowl commitees.

We need to regain out focus and not let this incident become a distraction. Our season is more important than some ill-considered calls at the end of an already decided game….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Taking a step back and looking at the big picture....

On the bright side, we may become a fast and loose, risk based team now...going for it on 4th down all the time, fake FGs, all sorts of stuff, just to make it up to the players. I hope you all have been on a low dose aspirin regimen.
Back to the top

On the bright side, we may become a fast and loose, risk based team now...going for it on 4th down all the time, fake FGs, all sorts of stuff, just to make it up to the players. I hope you all have been on a low dose aspirin regimen.
Back to the top

Looking better than expected, IMO.  Belt title is not out of the question, but will need some turnovers to make it happen.

USF, tall order.
Back to the top

Looking better than expected, IMO.  Belt title is not out of the question, but will need some turnovers to make it happen.

USF, tall order.
Back to the top

Rick said

USF, tall order.

Maybe not the way B.J. Daniels turns the ball over  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Rick said

USF, tall order.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Rick said

USF, tall order.

GO OWLS!!!

His turnovers could be the key…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Taking a step back and looking at the big picture....

owlfan1 said

Rick said

USF, tall order.

GO OWLS!!!

His turnovers could be the key…

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

owlfan1 said

His turnovers are the key…

Corrected it for you :)
Back to the top
Control functions: