Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

President Saunders' Letter to Alumni - Stadium Approval!

Add topic

Dear Alumni and Friends,

It is with great pleasure that I bring you a piece of tremendously exciting news, something that Owls fans have been hoping to hear for a very long time: Today the Florida Board of Governors unanimously approved the funding plan that will enable us to build a 30,000-seat stadium on FAU’s Boca Raton campus. This project, which has been in the planning stages for nearly a decade, will allow our two-time bowl-winning football team to begin playing home games right here on our own turf by next year.

We extend heartfelt thanks to the Florida Board of Governors, the FAU Board of Trustees and Chancellor Frank Brogan for their support of this very exciting initiative, which holds such great promise for the future of our University.

Having our own stadium will give us the venue we need to come together as a unified community of students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the University, sharing memorable experiences and building traditions that will be passed along to future generations. This momentous endeavor lies at the very heart of our efforts to enrich the quality of campus life at FAU, and we are fortunate to be right here on the scene as it comes to fruition.

I would like to extend special thanks to Sr. Vice President for Strategic Relations and General Counsel David Kian, Sr. Vice President for Student Affairs Charles Brown, Vice President for Facilities Tom Donaudy, Sr. Vice President for Financial Affairs Dennis Crudele, Athletics Director Craig Angelos, Head Football Coach Howard Schnellenberger, the thousands of students, alumni, faculty and staff who have enthusiastically supported this project, and our dedicated Trustees and Foundation Board members. They have all played major roles in making this dream a reality.

I hope to see you at the groundbreaking ceremony for our new stadium, which will be held on Friday, Oct. 15, at 4 p.m. This will be a wonderful opportunity for all of us to celebrate what will truly be a landmark event in the history of Florida Atlantic University.

Go Owls!

M.J. Saunders
President
Back to the top

Dear Alumni and Friends,

It is with great pleasure that I bring you a piece of tremendously exciting news, something that Owls fans have been hoping to hear for a very long time: Today the Florida Board of Governors unanimously approved the funding plan that will enable us to build a 30,000-seat stadium on FAU’s Boca Raton campus. This project, which has been in the planning stages for nearly a decade, will allow our two-time bowl-winning football team to begin playing home games right here on our own turf by next year.

We extend heartfelt thanks to the Florida Board of Governors, the FAU Board of Trustees and Chancellor Frank Brogan for their support of this very exciting initiative, which holds such great promise for the future of our University.

Having our own stadium will give us the venue we need to come together as a unified community of students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the University, sharing memorable experiences and building traditions that will be passed along to future generations. This momentous endeavor lies at the very heart of our efforts to enrich the quality of campus life at FAU, and we are fortunate to be right here on the scene as it comes to fruition.

I would like to extend special thanks to Sr. Vice President for Strategic Relations and General Counsel David Kian, Sr. Vice President for Student Affairs Charles Brown, Vice President for Facilities Tom Donaudy, Sr. Vice President for Financial Affairs Dennis Crudele, Athletics Director Craig Angelos, Head Football Coach Howard Schnellenberger, the thousands of students, alumni, faculty and staff who have enthusiastically supported this project, and our dedicated Trustees and Foundation Board members. They have all played major roles in making this dream a reality.

I hope to see you at the groundbreaking ceremony for our new stadium, which will be held on Friday, Oct. 15, at 4 p.m. This will be a wonderful opportunity for all of us to celebrate what will truly be a landmark event in the history of Florida Atlantic University.

Go Owls!

M.J. Saunders
President
Back to the top
Control functions: