Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt Sleepers

During preseason, every media outlet was predicting Middle Tennessee and Troy to be the top dogs in the Belt. But entering the fourth week of the 2010 season, both teams are in the middle of the pack, each boasting a 1-2 (0-0) record.

However, teams like FAU and ULL are the only two teams in the Belt with a .500 record. Ark. State already has a conference win. And despite not winning, FIU has almost upset two BCS teams this season.

So my question to the members of this board is: Who has a legit shot at the conference title in 2010, aside from Troy & MTSU?
Back to the top

Sun Belt Sleepers

During preseason, every media outlet was predicting Middle Tennessee and Troy to be the top dogs in the Belt. But entering the fourth week of the 2010 season, both teams are in the middle of the pack, each boasting a 1-2 (0-0) record.

However, teams like FAU and ULL are the only two teams in the Belt with a .500 record. Ark. State already has a conference win. And despite not winning, FIU has almost upset two BCS teams this season.

So my question to the members of this board is: Who has a legit shot at the conference title in 2010, aside from Troy & MTSU?
Back to the top

Re: Sun Belt Sleepers

Confrence play will be everything.

If Troy and MTSU turn around thier play and get into form for confrence play its business as predictied.

Not doubt FAU has momentum wiht the win at UAB and playing a good MSU team tough.

Will we capitilize on it though starting this week is the question.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Sun Belt Sleepers

Confrence play will be everything.

If Troy and MTSU turn around thier play and get into form for confrence play its business as predictied.

Not doubt FAU has momentum wiht the win at UAB and playing a good MSU team tough.

Will we capitilize on it though starting this week is the question.

Back to the top

I have to believe that our last home game vs Troy will determine the conference championship.

I also think FIU will take down Maryland this week..

Our play at the Lock will define our season… this week is our trap game…Hearing about all the injuries, a big trip to USF next week… It's possible we could get caught looking ahead to the Bulls and trip up against UNT….We need to come out focused and blow these guys out early. Then get some young guys into the game in the 4th with a comfortable 24 pt lead…That would be the best scenerio…

The games against ULL and FIU will be tough…Then the big one against the Trojans….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I have to believe that our last home game vs Troy will determine the conference championship.

I also think FIU will take down Maryland this week..

Our play at the Lock will define our season… this week is our trap game…Hearing about all the injuries, a big trip to USF next week… It's possible we could get caught looking ahead to the Bulls and trip up against UNT….We need to come out focused and blow these guys out early. Then get some young guys into the game in the 4th with a comfortable 24 pt lead…That would be the best scenerio…

The games against ULL and FIU will be tough…Then the big one against the Trojans….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I dont think they will be looking at this as a trap.

Coach knows for sure that the OOC games are pretty much practice right now and that confrence play is EVERYTHING for a 'Belt team.

UNT has always played us very tough except for 2008.

I dont think they will be able to overcome all those injurys though.

Back to the top

I dont think they will be looking at this as a trap.

Coach knows for sure that the OOC games are pretty much practice right now and that confrence play is EVERYTHING for a 'Belt team.

UNT has always played us very tough except for 2008.

I dont think they will be able to overcome all those injurys though.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I think the USF game will go a long way to giving us some ammo for those bowl committees..If we don't win the conference championship, quality wins get you in the bowls….

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I think the USF game will go a long way to giving us some ammo for those bowl committees..If we don't win the conference championship, quality wins get you in the bowls….

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: