Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Practice Notes & Coach's Comments for 09-26-10

Aside from an extended corrections session this afternoon, the team held their weekly Toilet Bowl for the players who did not get a chance to play in yesterday's loss to North Texas.

The defense won it 23-12, behind a trio of interceptions.  DB Tony Rodriguez and LB Tony Walding nabbed two under thrown balls by freshman Stephen Curtis. Nick Bracewell surrendered the other to DB Daniel Duncan

Afterwards, Coach held his weekly call with some good news on the injury front, and further reflections on yesterday's performance.

FAU continues to benefit from injury free games, and after the start we had with a rash occurring on the line, it has been a blessing to continue to suffer nothing aside from normal nicks and cuts.

Here's some of what he had to say about the game:

"We didn't execute well enough to win the game. We had three were our drives were stopped by dropped passes, which is very concerning. But it's not a team problem. Offensively, we didn't play as bad as it appeared."

- On the offense's performance yesterday

"From a defensive standpoint made a lot of good plays, but way to many bad plays. Three of them were killers and the rest of them kept drives alive. The quarterbacks have been the main problem. Looks like we are going to have to devise some (new) defensive schemes."

"For us to be last in the nation is not anywhere close to where we want to be."

- On the defensive performance and addressing a last place ranking

The team will be off tomorrow, and will return on Tuesday to begin preparations for the South Florida Bulls.
Back to the top

Aside from an extended corrections session this afternoon, the team held their weekly Toilet Bowl for the players who did not get a chance to play in yesterday's loss to North Texas.

The defense won it 23-12, behind a trio of interceptions.  DB Tony Rodriguez and LB Tony Walding nabbed two under thrown balls by freshman Stephen Curtis. Nick Bracewell surrendered the other to DB Daniel Duncan

Afterwards, Coach held his weekly call with some good news on the injury front, and further reflections on yesterday's performance.

FAU continues to benefit from injury free games, and after the start we had with a rash occurring on the line, it has been a blessing to continue to suffer nothing aside from normal nicks and cuts.

Here's some of what he had to say about the game:

"We didn't execute well enough to win the game. We had three were our drives were stopped by dropped passes, which is very concerning. But it's not a team problem. Offensively, we didn't play as bad as it appeared."

- On the offense's performance yesterday

"From a defensive standpoint made a lot of good plays, but way to many bad plays. Three of them were killers and the rest of them kept drives alive. The quarterbacks have been the main problem. Looks like we are going to have to devise some (new) defensive schemes."

"For us to be last in the nation is not anywhere close to where we want to be."

- On the defensive performance and addressing a last place ranking

The team will be off tomorrow, and will return on Tuesday to begin preparations for the South Florida Bulls.
Back to the top

Re: Practice Notes & Coach's Comments for 09-26-10

Why is Coach S. just NOW figuring out we have a running QB problem and just this week thinking we may need to figure something out ?? Aren't our other coaches paying attention or is Coach S. just not listening to anyone including coaches and players, or is he just in denial?? This is VERY concerning to me. I am not any football expert but geez - some things are just so plain obvious !!! We are in big trouble.
Back to the top

Why is Coach S. just NOW figuring out we have a running QB problem and just this week thinking we may need to figure something out ?? Aren't our other coaches paying attention or is Coach S. just not listening to anyone including coaches and players, or is he just in denial?? This is VERY concerning to me. I am not any football expert but geez - some things are just so plain obvious !!! We are in big trouble.
Back to the top

Rick said

Offensively, we didn't play as bad as it appeared

Well, that's certainly encouraging, because "it appeared" to me that we lost to possibly the worst team in D1A.  Or at least the 7th worst, according to ESPN.

Rick said

The quarterbacks have been the main problem. Looks like we are going to have to devise some (new) defensive schemes.

Yes, we need new defensive schemes to stop injured 3rd string quarterbacks.  Let's just ponder that for a second.

The only good news I can pull out of this is that we've finally reached bottom.  Bad news is it looks like we've started digging.  This might be the low point of FAU football.

Back to the top

Rick said

Offensively, we didn't play as bad as it appeared

Well, that's certainly encouraging, because "it appeared" to me that we lost to possibly the worst team in D1A.  Or at least the 7th worst, according to ESPN.

Rick said

The quarterbacks have been the main problem. Looks like we are going to have to devise some (new) defensive schemes.

Yes, we need new defensive schemes to stop injured 3rd string quarterbacks.  Let's just ponder that for a second.

The only good news I can pull out of this is that we've finally reached bottom.  Bad news is it looks like we've started digging.  This might be the low point of FAU football.

Back to the top

I'm not justifying the defensive performance, so please don't hear that in this response, but:

RILEY DODGE CAN RUN THE BALL.

He ran it on EVERYONE last year, not just us - averaging 4.5 yards per carry.

You don't need an arm to do that…….
Back to the top

I'm not justifying the defensive performance, so please don't hear that in this response, but:

RILEY DODGE CAN RUN THE BALL.

He ran it on EVERYONE last year, not just us - averaging 4.5 yards per carry.

You don't need an arm to do that…….
Back to the top

Exactly and we KNEW that going in to this game.

We KNEW that Dunbar and Dodge could run the ball. We should of stacked the box and had a mark on the QB the whole time. Yet all they did was run all over us. Riley picked up more then a few 1st downs on 3rd and long because he had huge holes to run thru that no one closed.

Oh well, ever onward and upward…..

Or sho we hope, I sure as hell would hate to to onward and downward. LOL

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Exactly and we KNEW that going in to this game.

We KNEW that Dunbar and Dodge could run the ball. We should of stacked the box and had a mark on the QB the whole time. Yet all they did was run all over us. Riley picked up more then a few 1st downs on 3rd and long because he had huge holes to run thru that no one closed.

Oh well, ever onward and upward…..

Or sho we hope, I sure as hell would hate to to onward and downward. LOL

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: