Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Turf Wars: Not just blue anymore... red... orange...

Add topic

Eastern Washington has moved in on Boise's claim to fame, except this time you are left seeing red.

So far it has worked for them, they upset the FCS champion Montana Grizzlies 36-27.
Back to the top

Eastern Washington has moved in on Boise's claim to fame, except this time you are left seeing red.

So far it has worked for them, they upset the FCS champion Montana Grizzlies 36-27.
Back to the top

Re: Turf Wars: Not just blue anymore...

i thought the ncaa didn't allow any colors other than green.

i would be all about the blue field.
Back to the top

i thought the ncaa didn't allow any colors other than green.

i would be all about the blue field.
Back to the top

Eastern Washington:

Turn around immediately…do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Back to the top

Eastern Washington:

Turn around immediately…do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Back to the top

Can you imagine the mental impact you would have on any northern school if that were installed at FAU. Start with that bright red color then add the heat, sun and humidity, they would be getting tired before the pre-game warm-ups were finished. Talk about a "home field" advantage!

Then again, the fans might go blind from the looking into the red glare.

By the way, let's get the kick-offs back to 4 at the latest (2 would be prefered by me) as we are giving up important home field advantage factors with late starts. Any home team should make use of ANY local advantages it has, and the S. FL weather is a big one!
Back to the top

Can you imagine the mental impact you would have on any northern school if that were installed at FAU. Start with that bright red color then add the heat, sun and humidity, they would be getting tired before the pre-game warm-ups were finished. Talk about a "home field" advantage!

Then again, the fans might go blind from the looking into the red glare.

By the way, let's get the kick-offs back to 4 at the latest (2 would be prefered by me) as we are giving up important home field advantage factors with late starts. Any home team should make use of ANY local advantages it has, and the S. FL weather is a big one!
Back to the top

The crowd was the same, if not a little less...will be interesting to see if they stick with it...
Back to the top

The crowd was the same, if not a little less...will be interesting to see if they stick with it...
Back to the top
Control functions: